Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
Finance Officer Reporting and Management
• Reports to General Manager- Finance
• No line management responsibility Job Description Responsible for working under the direction of the General Manager- Finance To assist in ensuring that the operation of financial management, forecasting and payments systems including:
• Use of an online banking system to manage transactions under the direction of the General Manager-Finance.
• Prepare payment vouchers (cash and bank) for signatory by senior staff.
• Carry out proper checks on the accuracy and completeness of all supporting documentation.
• Process staff claims and make sure that any advances are recorded and recovered timeously.
• Prepare payments to suppliers and service providers.
• Manage petty cash payments, controls and procedures.
• Assist in the closing of monthly accounts and timely preparation of financial reports, including bank reconciliation statements.
• Maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy.
• Provide financial accounting support to programme staff during workshops and meetings.
• Assist in updating the project expenditure budgets/budget overviews on a regular basis.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager-Finance. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, accounting or similar discipline
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a finance office setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Excellent skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Strong knowledge of QuickBooks or other financial management software
• Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
• Ability to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
• Good communication and relationship-building skills
• Reliable and a team player
• Demonstrable ability to deliver to deadlines
• Pro-active in raising issues with management and resolving identified problems. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020