• A key element of national development agenda of Ghana is creating new and better jobs for a growing young generation. The intervention of areas
of the Sustainable Economic Development in Ghana (PSED) program: Support to the reform in the Technical Vocational Training sector
(TVET), Financial System Development (FSD), implementation of Migration and Employment Promotion (MEP) and support for digitization (DIGIT) contribute to this endeavor by improving the conditions for creation of decent and productive employment. Scope of the role
• The finance officer will be responsible for providing support in ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with GIZ PuR and local legislation of Ghana. Your Tasks
• Carries out accounting procedures using bankbook and cashbook software, balancing both books periodically, always prepared for both
regular and unannounced cash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
• Ensures full compliance to internal auditing rules by carrying out indepth checking of vouchers submitted for processing
• Insures the tax calculations according the local legislation Ghana
• Follows up on all receivables with partner organizations and remind them for the expected action to be taken
• Calculates travel advances and travel claims, proper checking of invoices for accuracy
• Organises adequate filing system structure and files documents properly for easy retrieval
• Advises partners and experts on accounting and financing procedures in accordance international accounting system Qualification Required & Experience
• University Degree in BA/BSc Accounting, Finance, or similar area
• At least 3 years of work experience in auditing and accounting in a comparable position
• Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
• Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet); computer applications most especially excel or project management.
• Mandatory working knowledge and experience in IT-based accounting programs
• Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes; rendering result orientated performance.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2021/PSED/06/02
. Closing Date:
19 July, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.