• The Finance officer will be part of the project “Forest Landscape Restoration through a sustainable wood-energy value chain (FLR) in Ghana. The objective of the project is to reduce forest degradation by charcoal production. Scope of the Role
• As a Finance Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring that financial administration and documentation is done well in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles and GIZ standard procedures.
• You will effectively coordinate activities with all staff, execute and document cash payments for activities, contracts and procurements Your Tasks
• You will ensure that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures, effectively coordinate activities with the staff of the finance team, do financial planning, monitoring, and accounting for GIZ assisted projects.
• You will check payment documentation such as invoices and travel settlements and prepare them for approval; prepare cheques, bank
transfers and deposits at the bank, online banking requests and mobile money payments for field activities.
• You will carry out accounting procedures using WINPACCS bankbook and cashbook software, balance both books periodically, always prepare for both regular and unannounced dash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
• You will ensure that services rendered within the section are done correctly according to GIZ Financial and Accounting Guidelines.
• You will monitor the real accounts (payables, receivables) and report regularly to the Project Manager and the Senior Finance Manager.
• You will ensure full compliance to internal control/ auditing rules. Qualification Required & Experience Your Profile
• Degree in Accounting or Commerce from a recognized college
• At least 3 years of experience as a finance officer or related field in Government or NGO or international organization.
• Very high proficiency in financial documentation procedures, preferably experience in accounting systems of public institutions in
• Familiarity with contracting rules in the public sector, especially with GIZ rules and regulations.
• Very high proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
• Proactive interest in improving quality of work; Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English;
• Strong interpersonal and service skills; Strong organization and time management skills; Ability to perform efficiently in a multicultural
work environment; Ability to work under time pressure; Self-driven motivation to create knowledge and innovations Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2021/FLR/11/01
. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider
application unsuccessful. Closing Date:
15 November, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race,
and religion are encouraged to apply