• The Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for overall financial operations under the AMPLIFIES program in country, including but not limited to budget preparation; cash management; internal systems and controls; financial reporting and analysis; and training local staff. The FO provides reports to the Chief of Party (CoP) and headquarters management. The FO represents the organization to donors, vendors and local officials during the course of routine duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the ASA financial system ensuring compliance with ASA and USDA regulations.
• Manage all tasks related to budgeting/financial accounting, including cash flow management, time sheet recording, financial reporting, plus daily monitoring of obligations and expenditures plus responsibility for preparing ongoing financial analyses and forecasts.
• Track the transfer of funds between ASA home office and ASA Ghana AMPLIFIES office and also track the transaction of office expenditures and ensure all financial and bank records are appropriate.
• Responsible for cash management, including local banking arrangements, cash receipts and payments, and cash requests to HQ
• Responsible for general ledger activity including timely recording of transactions and accurate allocation of costs to appropriate activities
• Responsible for local payroll activity including adherence to related local labor and tax laws
• Work closely with the ASA CoP, DCoP, Program Administrator and Project Director on all financial related matters.
• Maintain accounting and finance records of in-country expenses
• Develop spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities and maintaining spreadsheets containing current project expense data.
• Ensure accuracy within all financial records and reports, payments and other related tasks.
• Provide support in proper reporting procedures for project partners.
• Oversee the financial aspects of project procurement processes and practices and ensure that they are in accord with contractual/agreements of ASA as well as USDA rules and regulation.
• Ensure that all project financial and contract files are maintained, organized and accessible and are backed up weekly.
• Prepare and process accounts payable and related reports.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations and submit to ASA for review.
• Trip to the field monthly (at a minimum) for audit and collection of receipts, etc.
• Compute all Ghanaian and expatriate employees income and any other tax amounts owed to the Government of Ghana, make tax payments to the appropriate Ghanaian tax officials and collect and maintain receipts for such tax payments.
• Act as primary liaison with the Chief of Party and Country Director on day-to-day financial matters.
• Provide weekly and monthly finance reports to Project Directors/Managers in a timely manner
• Provide HQ with monthly Country Expense Reports
• Prepare and/or review donor financial reports prior to submission
• Report on current or potential problem areas
• Provide monthly updates to the Chief of Party and Country Director on funds requests, program burn rates and project costs.
• Prepare monthly expenditure reimbursement reports from field offices and submit to ASA with original backup documentation to ensure the timely transfer of funds; a copy of each report with backup documentation should be kept in the country office.
• Maintain and analyze budgets, preparing quarterly and annual reports that compare budgeted costs to actual; forward to Chief of Party and Project Director.
• Prepare annual tax return for Ministry of Finance.
• Able to operate in stressful situations
• Excellent organizational skills
• Self-motivated and a confident decision maker
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Excellent computer skills
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least 5 years finance/management experience
• Experience in USDA/USAID programs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar program
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and experience with accounting software packages
How To Apply For The Job
send electronic submission of resume including salary requirements to:-
13 October, 2015
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply quickly as the applicant review and interview process will begin immediately.
Please write "Finance Officer, AMPLIFIES" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. ASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, World Initiative for Soy in Human Health (WISHH) is prohibited from discriminating in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or political beliefs. WISHH is an equal opportunity provider and employer.