The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services.
The Association shall provide the youth with the knowledge and means of exercising their basic rights to decide freely and responsibly on their Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) as a means of improving the quality of life of Ghanaians.
The vision of PPAG is that Ghana should become a country in which the youth are well informed about Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) and confidently exercise their right of choice of SRH services without fear and/or any obstacle from any sector of the society.
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information and services, hereby invites result – oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association under the Ghana Adolescent Reproductive Health (GHARH) Project.
Purpose of the Position
To provide Accounting support to the GHARH project
• Prepare and submit monthly , quarterly , half year and annual financial reports on the GHARH project
• Ensures that returns from the project sites are received and properly coded to be entered into the system
• Prepares projects final accounts and supporting schedules for the end of year audit
• Scrutinizes all project returns and ensures that consistency is maintained in the internal control system and report on lapses found
• Provides financial support to project staff
• Ensures that funds are available for project implementation
• Assist in the preparation of PPAG final accounts
• Undertake monthly supervision of the update of project fixed asset register
• Prepares monthly Bank Reconciliation statements
• Assist in preparation of project budget, Annual Programme Budget (APB) and any other financial information to Management for decision making
• Prepare monthly checking sheets of project accounts and monthly bank reconciliations
• Prepare project final account and annual project audits
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
• The position is based in Accra
• The position comes with an attractive salary
• S/He reports to the Finance Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Administration in Accounting or its equivalent OR ACCA Fundamentals (Skills) OR ICA part II
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience.
• A good knowledge of accounting systems and procedures
• Have a good knowledge in the use of the computer
• Have strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Have the ability to pay attention to details
• Have a very high sense of responsibility and accuracy
• Be a team player
• Have a dependable character
• Be transparent and honest
• Ability to work for long hours and under pressure
• Be able to travel at short notice
How To Apply For The Job
All interested persons with requisite qualification (s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees and cell phone numbers to:
The Search Committee
Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG)
P. O .Box AN 5756
Or drop at: Human Resources Management Unit, Accra
Or E-Mail to: [email protected]
06 November, 2015
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.