We are an independent policy think tank and consulting firm that promotes a sustainable approach to development through research, technical assistance, capacity building and advocacy. We provide informed evidence-based advice to government, private sector, and civil society groups in order to help integrate sustainable developmental practices and reforms in the development agenda of Ghana and across Africa.
Our work is anchored on the UN Global Compact's ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. Our internationally recognised team of experts combines multi-disciplinary expertise and backgrounds to develop solutions that address economic, environmental, and social issues simultaneously in a holistic manner to catalyse long term sustainable development. We believe true development must consider economic, environmental and societal gains simultaneously.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst for a short term assignment. The role will provide financial advisory and management services.
About the Role
• Perform financial analyses and develop financial models to support valuation, planning, forecasting and budgeting, for decision-making
• Participate in the development of client presentations, pitches, business plans and feasibility studies
• Conduct due diligence on companies and industries through data mining and research and by reading financial statements and market data
• Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, new investment products, financial markets conditions and trends
• Monitor the financial news using reliable media sources and be conversant with market developments and all other areas that can affect the economy, industries, markets, public and private companies
• Drive process improvement and procedure development initiatives in the various projects
• Ensure compliance with financial requirements including input and review of financial data
• Provide insight on institutional grants reporting to finance and accounting as requested
• Perform related duties and projects as assigned by supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business or another relevant field
• Relevant work experience in Natural resource management and oil and gas
• Client project management with government clients, and/or business development experience that includes management of one or more projects.
• Relevant work experience with financial analysis and financial management, including experience in cost effective analysis(minimum of 5 years).
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong understanding of all financial statements, understanding of the key drivers of shareholder return and proficiency with financial modeling and multiple valuation techniques
• Demonstrated leadership, initiative, flexibility, and work ethic
• Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Other language skills and I can do attitude will be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, send cover letter and CV to:
11 July, 2019