• An exciting new opportunity exists for an experienced Financial Controller to join a commercially focused power generation business.
• This role has responsibility for all aspect of financial reporting and controls within the business.This includes but is not limited to, analysing actual and forecast, P & L's, KPI's, Balance sheet and Cash flows, in addition to short and medium term budgets and ensuring that a strong control environment is in operation across the businesses.
• The high profile role provides significant exposure to the senior management of the business.The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate and influence senior management while being motivated to drive and improve processes.The successful candidate will be a natural "change agent" with demonstrable persuasive skills at peer level.
• A strong technical knowledge of IFRS is essential as an understanding of local taxes and VAT regulatory regimes. A background in leading teams successfully is crucial as the role will be expected to mould and develop staff.
• Excellent organisation and leadership skills are a necessity to succeed in this role.This role will report into the Chief Financial Officer. Key duties for the role will include:
• Plan,co-ordinate and manageTICO /TGIOC day to day financial administration including planning and budget management functions; delivering clean and timely period-end control processes
• Directly produce company financial planning and budget, including the preparation of financial forecasts and reports (including monthly financial statements, cost reports, budgeting, business analysis, forecasting reports) in a timely manner.
• Directly responsible for monitoring and analysing monthly operating results against budget, rolling forecasts and plan, alerting management to business risk and actions
• Lead the preparation of financial statements and external and internal audit processes.
• Keep abreast of and manage all statutory submissions on a timely basis.
• Directly responsible for technical application of financial reporting standards relating to day to day activities within the business, considering lenders agreements implications.
• Lead the preparation of all corporate tax returns and ensure compliance with all statutory accounting and other reporting requirements including VAT, PAYE, withholding
• tax and other tax returns and other statistical reports required by Government/Statutory agencies
• Produce monthly business review reports ready for review in a timely fashion.
• Directly responsible for the preparation of TICO/TGIOC annual budgets and support preparation of related Board reports
• Lead and manage direct the professional finance team, ensuring that they operate efficiently and professionally and are focused upon meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
• Lead operational discussion on Power Purchase Agreement and the Amended restated Service Agreement withVRA.
• Coordinate with the Treasury Analyst and produce short term and medium cash flow reports. Analysing variance with commentary ready for internal and external circulation.
• Discharge of all assigned duties to meet deadlines and targets
• Any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor to effectively support the Company. Qualification Required & Experience
• A qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA) with at least 8 years post-qualification experience
• Commercial and Financial Planning expertise
• Ability to operate at strategic level, but a hand on approach to get the job done
• Effective project and operational management skills
• Fluent in English, verbal and written
• Experience in using Maximo inventory and Oracle financial system
• Bachelor's (or equivalent) degree in Finance and Accounting Note:
This position comes along with a very competitive salary and benefits for the successful candidate. Location:
Takoradi How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates with the requisite qualification and experience should submit their application and CV to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
29 May, 2015
Only shorted listed applicants will be contacted!!!