• To provide financial and management accounting services to the Ghana business and to proactively contribute in particular to the financial management of the Company in line with Company and legal requirements. The principal accountabilities of the successful applicant will include:
• To ensure the integrity of the General Ledger for Ghana in order to facilitate accurate reporting in accordance with strict deadlines.
• To develop and maintain the financial/accounting reporting systems to ensure sustained business reporting procedures for efficient management.
• To participate in the development of long term business plans & forecasts for sustained business operations.
• To liaise with External Auditors and ensure the annual audit is satisfactorily completed to ensure compliance with company and legal requirements.
• To participate in the budgeting processes to ensure high levels of precision and business optimization
• To ensure that the relevant legal and statutory requirements are adhered to in order to reduce risks and liabilities to Company.
• To assist in ensuring that working capital and cash are managed in an optimal manner to meet group requirements.
• To assist the Financial Director in ensuring a satisfactory internal control framework is established and maintained to ensure best practice and conformance to group requirements.
• To assist the Financial Director in preparing and maintaining appropriate management reports as required to facilitate decision making processes by AEL finance team and management.
• To assist the Financial Director in financial evaluation and advise management accordingly for efficient financial management.
• To manage, lead and develop team to ensure career growth and development in collaboration with the human capital training department in line with company policy and procedures through continuous coaching, training and performance management. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a university degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 -7 years of proven middle management experience in taxation, finance, or accounting
• Professional qualification as a chartered/certified accountant and/or management accountant is required
• A good knowledge of financial modelling skills, marketing principles and pricing strategy and a sound demonstration of commercial/business acumen
• Excellent working knowledge of and conversant with local tax regulations and regime and impacts on operations and decisions
• Conversant with financial and accounting software (such as SAP, etc.) and able to adapt quickly with new technology
• In-depth working knowledge and demonstration of relevant and current IFRS standards
• Ability to meet deadlines, apply problem solving skills and work with no or minimal supervision
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills (written and oral) and ability to gain the support of colleagues and maintain good working relations
• Computer literate and highly competent in MS Office suite (especially Excel)
• Excellent reporting and presentation skills
• Considerable analytical skills gained through broad experience and application
• Good leadership skills and ability to lead teams and workgroups to a successful result Location:
Bogoso, Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should apply in writing plus a CV to: The Human Capital Manager, AEL Mining Services, P.O. Box 58, Bogoso, Ghana
All submissions should be sent by attachments electronically to: [email protected] Closing Date:
01 November, 2015