Programmes & Projects
• Annual Salary: USD 36,901 - USD 51,637
Principal Programmes Officer
Under the supervision of the Principal Programme Officer, the Financial Sector Officer shall provide support for the other experts in evaluating the financial sector. He/she shall also ensure the link with the relevant regulatory and supervisory institutions in Member States for the achievement of GIABA’s objectives. Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the analysis of guidelines, documents, reports and other financial policy instruments.
• Participate in the assessment of techncial assistance needs of GIABA Member States;
• Participate in GIABA’s Mutual Evaluation exercises;
• Ensure the drafting of reports related to the evaluation of the financial sector;
• Ensure training and other capacity building measures;
• Ensure the compliance with AML/CFT measures;
• Contribute to the development of the financial sector policy in accordance with FATF Sstandards;
• Assist in sourcing technical and financial support for GIABA’s programmes;
• Provide technical assistance to Member States, in collaboration with the other experts at the Secretariat;
• Ensure permanent consistency of actions and activities implemented in line with the specific targets of the Division and the general objectives of the Institution;
• Ensure efficient periodic reporting of activities implemented as well as outcomes to the line supervisor.
• Make proposals on all the activities pertaining to Its mandate;
• Independently undertake specific missions at the request of the line supervisor;
• Perform any other task entrusted to himher by the DG. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Law or Social Science or any other related field. Experience
• A minimum of (5) years proven experience in the pertinent areas at national or international level.
• A post-graduate degree will reduce the number of years experience to three (3) years.
• Experience with a regional or international organisation is desirable;
• Working experience in the public sector would be an added advantage. Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Knowledge of or familiarity with measures against economic and financial crimes, including money laundering, and financing of terrorism;
• Sound knowledge of AML/CFT issues ;
• Good writing skills;
• Listening and supervision ability;
• Ability to work in a team;
• Excellent ability of analysis and synthesis;
• Sound knowledge of the regional financial system and principles of the ECOWAS Integration Programme;
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective work relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
• Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
• Demonstrated understanding of the normal practices, cultures, socio-economic circumstances and national issues within the region, including ECOWAS integration policy;
• Excellent computer skills.
• Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
• A good knowledge and practical use of computer systems. Age
Applicants must not be over 50 years of age at the point of recruitment. Language
Applicants must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage. Location:
Dakar, Senegal How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address: [email protected]
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1). Closing Date:
04 December, 2015