Overall Purpose of Job
Plan, organise and direct functions and activities related to the procurement, servicing, operation maintenance and repair of ABL vehicles; establish and maintain priorities and time lines; ensure vehicle-related functions and activities comply with established laws, codes,rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Reports to - National Fleet and Warehouse Manager Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Specifications according to ABL needs; research and evaluate new vehicles; coordinate the purchasing and ensure optimal pricing and quality of vehicles for ABL; participate in related negotiation and quotation activities; oversee the selling or disposal of used ABL vehicles
• Coordinate and direct the operation of the ABL Fleet Tracking & Management System
• Monitor and evaluate ABL vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair functions to identify needs and determine financial effectiveness and operational efficiency.
• Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programmes to enhance financial effectiveness and operational efficiency of assigned functions.
• Provide consultation to ABL sister company (VGL) and others concerning vehicle maintenance, repair and procurement operations, projects and activities; provide technical information regarding related laws, codes. regulations. policies. and procedures.
• Direct and participate in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and files related to vehicles. maintenance, repairs, projects, mileage, depreciation, financial activity and assigned duties.
• Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for vehicle maintenance, repair, operation, servicing and procurement functions; analyse and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
• Provide technical information and assistance to other departments regarding automotive needs and issues; assist in the formulation and development of policies, procedures and programmes.
• Conducts Fleet Audits at agreed intervals
• Management and monitoring of 3rd party service providers
• Fuel management & reporting
• Staff management. Qualification Required & Experience
• Fleet Management
• Logistics for large scale operations
• 3 years' experience
• BSc/HND Mechanical or Automobile Engineering
• Computer literate. able to use power point, Excel. Word and able to compile.
• analyse and interpret sales statistics
• Good leadership skills
• Ability to mix with people from all walks of life
• Must be creative and resourceful
• Good people management skiHs
• Hands-on operations Style
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Forward CVs and application letters to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
26 August, 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.