• Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Country Director in Accra, the Food Technologist will be expected to perform the following duties: MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the implementation of food safety and quality management initiatives within the Ghana CO and support regional initiatives.
• Establish and implement protocols and tools relating to food technology issues, such as food safety and quality and food product optimization, ensuring alignment with WFP procurement and supply chain strategy, policies and plans.
• Review and provide advice on the procedures for mitigating and documenting food quality and safety issues.
• Provide technical guidance and input to Ghana country office in the design and implementation of medium scale and/or relatively straight forward food assistance programmes, ensuring compliance with WFP food and safety regulations.
• Develop and deliver training modules to WFP staff and external stakeholders on the key areas of food technology, such as quality control, food processing, loss prevention and mitigation, to build local capacity in the processing and/or production of specialized nutritious foods.
• Build productive relationships and partnerships with counterparts in UN agencies, NGOs, governments and the private sector to enhance WFP capacity to respond effectively to levels of under nutrition.
• Provide technical guidance and input to counterparts in UN agencies, NGOs, governments and the private sector in the design and implementation of food technology related development initiatives.
• Keep current on emerging developments and cutting-edge research on the areas of food safety and quality and/or food product optimization in order to leverage the opportunities to incorporate industry best practices.
• Perform any other duties as provided from time to time. Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced university degree in Food Technology, Health Sciences, Food Control, Nutrition or other related field, or First degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
• Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
• A minimum of three years of postgraduate professional progressive experience in nutrition Public Health Nutrition, or related field
• Has experience implementing food technology related tools and protocol.
• Has experience working on food assistance programs development projects.
• Act as a mentor to junior staff. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
03 May, 2022