Summary of Key Functions:
1. Policy advice
2. Partnership and resource mobilization
3. Portfolio management 1. Provide top-quality advisory and technical services in the areas of forestry, green commodities, and REDD+ (45%):
• Provide timely and quality information and technical advice to the Government of Ghana on planning and implementation of nature-based solutions focusing on forestry, green commodities and REDD+.
• Undertake relevant analyses and research, as required, and prepare knowledge materials to support UNDP’s forestry related initiatives, as well as other initiatives implemented by the Environment and Climate Cluster.
• Contribute to the preparation of necessary briefings and update for UNDP’s effective participation in important meetings, workshops and relevant events.
• Support UNDP’s efforts on advocacy and policy dialogue, including participation and contribution to policy driven researches and reviews.
• Advise UNDP on relevant national and international developments on forestry and assist in identifying coordinated approaches.
• Maintain close collaboration with the UNDP Climate and Forest Team and Green Commodities Programme to receive technical support as needed.
• Contribute to global learning and knowledge exchange by documenting and disseminating lessons learned from activities of the forest and land use portfolio and disseminate widely through on-line platforms. Reflect on experiences/lessons from the global policy network for possible adaptation/replication to the Ghanaian context.
• Enhance UNDP’s visibility and profile on forests and forestry. 2. Maintain and expand strategic partnerships and support resource mobilization in the areas of forestry, green commodities and REDD+ (30%):
• Explore new areas of cooperation and identify opportunities for new initiatives on forests in line with UNDP’s Strategic Plan (2018-2022), the United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership with Ghana (2018-2022), and UNDP’s Country Programme (2018-2022).
• Provide technical support to the formulation of project proposals on forests and land use.
• Strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders in the area of drivers of land use change, forests and integrated land use management.
• Participate and contribute to development partners’ engagements with government on land, forests and agriculture including meetings and events. 3. Support effective implementation of CO’s project portfolio on forests and land use (25%):
• Manage portfolio assigned to her/him in line with UNDP’s Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures.
• Provide technical support to projects in close collaboration with the relevant implementing partner/responsible
party, ensuring implementation of coherent approaches across projects in the forest portfolio.
• Support top quality planning (annual, and quarterly work-plans), reporting, monitoring and evaluation of assigned portfolio.
• Effectively apply Result Based Management (RBM) tools, establishing management targets and monitoring achievement of results.
• Support production of aggregate reports on activities, outputs and outcomes, including reports for donors as needed.
• Support procurement of goods and services as needed. Qualification Required & Experience Education:
Master’s degree or higher in environmental sciences, natural resource management, social
sciences or closely related field. Experience:
• At least five (5) years of professional experience in the formulation and implementation of forests related initiatives/projects.
• At least five (5) years of relevant progressively responsible experience supporting national processes on forests and sustainable development.
• Solid understanding of forests related issues at both the global (e.g. REDD+) and local (challenges, policy environment, key initiatives) levels.
• Experience preparing knowledge products and communications material is highly desirable.
• Experience working with UN/DP and/or other multilateral, bilateral, national or civil society actors on forests issues is an asset. Location:
Ghana How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
30 April, 2021