Kart Language Services (Accra, Ghana) is in need of freelance translators. The successful candidate will be responsible for the translation and proof reading of documents, (letters, reports, agreements, service notes …) from English to French and French to English. Native speakers are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the translation of documents, correspondence, agreements involving the frequent use of terminologies relating to agriculture, Policy, rule of law and other terminologies on bilateral agreements;
• Contribute to the promotion of the use of coherent and uniform terminologies in documents.;
• Ensure periodically an efficient reporting on activities implemented and results to the Principal Officer;
• Ensure the revision of documents from time to time;
• Identify changes, trends, incoherencies and linguistic variations in the different areas of terminology used in agriculture, policy and agreements;
• Conduct linguistic research and documentation of multi-lingual terminology publications (bulletins, glossaries, vocabularies, notes and related materials);
• Establish terminology norms;
• Ensure the maintenance and update of data bases and linguistic terminology materials;
• Update knowledge in the area of computer-assisted translation and terminology.
• Undertake, independently, specific missions at the request of the Principal Officer;
• Perform any other task that could be entrusted to him/her by the Supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant modern languages;
• A Diploma or higher qualification from an internationally recognized school of languages would be an advantage
• A minimum of five (5) years of translation experience into French. A higher degree will reduce the number of years’ experience by two (2) years.
• Experience with a regional, governmental, non-governmental or international organisation is a MUST.EXPERIENCE WITH ECOWAS OR USAID PROJECTS IS AN ADVANTAGE.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Perfect mastery of French and English;
• Mastery of the computer tool;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
Senegal, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Mali and Nigeria
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
[email protected] / [email protected]
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL.
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
17 November, 2019