SOS-HGIC application instructions for a full time French and Spanish Teacher or a Part Time French and a Part Time Spanish Teacher. Job Summary
• The French/Spanish Teacher will be responsible for teaching students French/Spanish at the Middle Years and Diploma Programme of the International Baccalaureate (IB).
• S(h)e will teach and support students to acquire and improve on the four basic language skills- Reading, Speaking, Writing and Listening. • The Spanish/French teacher should be able to create a range of oral and written assessments and evaluate students’ progress in their language development skills.
• As a member of the Modern Languages Department, this individual will be expected to support department’s initiatives and programs and collaborate with colleagues on a range of tasks to create a positive language learning experience for students in the department. Responsibilities
• Teaching students French/Spanish by developing engaging, interactive lesson plans and the effective teaching of classes
• Developing schemes of work and unit plans
• Supervision of students’ individual coursework and research essays such as the Extended Essay and students’ projects
• Participation in a weekly Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) activities with students and reviewing and providing feedback on reflections.
• Developing and grading both formative and summative assessments
• Completion of end of semester reports
• Participation in collaborative and departmental meetings
Identifying and recommending texts and equipment required for the effective teaching and learning of the subject
• Maintaining discipline in and out of the classroom.
• Supervising extracurricular activities, community service and other key related school functions Qualification Required & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in French Language or Literature/Spanish Language or Literature or both
• A degree in education or a teaching certificate
• Proven proficiency in oral, written French/Spanish or both
• Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent social and interpersonal skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please take note of the following:
• The letters and application must be addressed to: THE VICE PRINCIPAL
Your documents should include:
• A Cover Letter
• A Resumé /C.V.
• All copies of certificates stated in your Resumé/C.V.
All application documents should be emailed to: [email protected] Closing Date:
29 October, 2021