Administration and Finances
• Annual Salary: USD 52,273 - USD 59,100
Languages Services Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
• Services all meetings as assigned by supervisor and Management;
• Provide interpretation for the Judges and staff members as required;
• Provide interpretation from English into French during court sessions, meetings and deliberations;
• Provides interpretation in relevant language combination, (simultaneous, consecutive, whispering, liaison) of speeches or statements;
• Routinely assigned to sensitive meetings;
• May be required to function as language team leader when assigned to a given meeting;
• Assists, as appropriate, in the screening, training and examining of prospective interpreters;
• Participates in establishment of terminology database, glossaries, etc.
• May perform other related duties as required.
Technical Expertise and Professionalism
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of concentration;
• Split-second accuracy;
• Ability to work under continuous stress and deliver clear interpretation on an exceedingly broad range of subjects;
• Understands how to prepare meetings and work with meeting documents
• Understands how to ‘weigh’ interpretation teams;
• Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, confidentiality and achieving results;
• Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
• shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
• remains calm in stressful situations and ability to travel at short notice.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
• Demonstrates booth manners and upholds team coherence;
• Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise;
• Is willing to learn from others;
• Places team agenda before personal agenda.
• Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession;
• Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally;
• Contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates;
• Shows willingness to learn from others.
• Seeks feedback to learn and improve.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Conference Interpretation or A university degree plus a diploma or certificate in conference interpreting from a recognised school;
• At least four (4) years of professional interpreting experience;
• Experience with international organizations would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of law would be an advantage;
• Ability to interpret from French into Portuguese would be an advantage.
Candidates must not be over fifty (50) years of age at the point of recruitment and must be citizens of ECOWAS.
Fluency in oral and written expression in any one of the ECOWAS working languages : English, French and Portuguese. Knowledge of a second official language would be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).
04 December, 2015