Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 60 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $173 million. Job Summary
We are currently seeking a Gender Advisor to be based in the Tamale Office The The successful candidate will be responsible for
• Assisting in the development of training manuals and curricula to ensure gender equity and sensitivity in the training content and presentation; reviewing outreach strategy to make sure women are aware of opportunities; and recommends times for trainings to ensure female participation
• Analyzing and identifying technologies that enable women to be more competitive and /or overcome impediments to the success of their business/farming endeavors
• Working with field offices to identify opportunities to build the capacity of these women to adopt practices that will improve their productivity significantly and link up effectively with other buyers/markets, input suppliers, financial service providers, among other stakeholders
• Designing and conducting genders awareness trainings for staff and partners
• Developing strategies, activities, and messages for engaging men through producer groups, trainings, community events, and mass media using traditional and modern resources
• Participating in knowledge management activities in Participating With the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist and carrying out/contributing to any formative research around gender issues Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree In sociology, anthropology, gender relations or other relevant degree
• Minimum 7 years of work experience providing gender program analysis and gender target support
• Clear understanding of gender relationships within the region required
• Proven skills in developing and conducting trainings
• Proven skills in designing and conducting interviews and focus groups
• Strong verbal and writing skills in English required
• High level of ability in Microsoft Office applications; Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume/CV to: [email protected] Closing Date:
31 July, 2015
• No phone calls please.
• Only finalists will contacted.
• Women and minorities encouraged to apply.