Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Coordinator Reporting and Management
• Reports to Executive Director
• Works closely with Key Advisor Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
• No line management responsibility Job Description Responsible for ensuring that GESI is mainstreamed across all programme activities and working closely with the GESI Key Adviser to oversee the following activities and tasks:
• Support NCTE to work with universities and Colleges of Education to monitor progress against the National Teacher Education GESI Strategy 2020-25; Ensure that GESI is adequately incorporated in both the new SHS teacher education curriculum framework and within the Key Phase 5 curriculum in schools; Mainstream GESI within SHS through the ‘Leadership for Learning’ component where every SHS will need to develop a GESI Strategy and Action Plan for their own institution. Tackling issues of sexual harassment will be a priority activity within all GESI Action Plans. Explore with GES the possibility of developing a National Senior High School GESI Strategy which can then form the basis for the development of individual SHS action plans. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education, gender, development or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience in education project management, capacity building workshops organisation and facilitation is required
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education and a commitment to gender equality and social inclusion.
• Knowledge and experience of the interaction between GESI issues and the education sector in Ghana, preferably including the teacher education and secondary education sub-sectors and with knowledge and understanding of inclusive education.
• Track record of delivering improved GESI outcomes in the education sector.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance and results.
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020