A reputable financial institution in the Southern Volta Region is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the General Manager position. Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assume overall responsibility for implementation of the Strategic Plan of the Bank and its effective and efficient management and growth.
• Implement policies and directives of the Board of Directors.
• Provide strategic leadership and guidance for and supervise the Head of Operations, Head of Business Development and Marketing and Head of HR and Administration and ensure that the Agencies and Departments under these officers function effectively.
• Set priorities, and ensure the judicious use and management of the assets of the Bank.
• Monitor the general operations, products, competitors, costs and other risk areas of operations of the Bank and develop strategies to mitigate any adverse impact.
• Direct the modernization of the Bank, by implementing new systems, computerised processing systems and business development methodologies.
• Seek to increase the professional effectiveness of management by communicating current value strategies and objectives, assigning accountabilities, planning, and monitoring performance of Management Staff.
• Ensure that the operations of the Bank fully comply with all the regulatory requirements of Bank of Ghana and other relevant entities.
• Present budgets for the approval of the Board and manage Bank’s resources within budgetary guidelines.
• Develop strong working relationships with and act as the bridge between the Bank and external partners, clients and agencies.
• Compile the results of Key Performance Indicators, with analyses and trends, and submits monthly reports to the Board of Directors for decision making. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Banking/Finance/Accounting, First Operations Management, MIS, Strategy, Business Processes or related fields.
• Postgraduate qualification and/or membership of ACIB or other professional bodies will be an advantage.
• A minimum of ten (10) years working experience, of which at least eight (8) years are related to banking at senior management level.
• Highly organised, self-starter with the ability to manage projects with limited oversight.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team in a cross-functional environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of public administration and corporate governance frameworks.
• Excellent knowledge of the enacted Laws and Regulations affecting the business of banking in Ghana.
• Strong leadership, management, supervision and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications and oral presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
• Knowledge and appreciation of market issues both locally and globally as well as their impact on the economy and the bank’s operations.
• Ability to make effective decisions by analysing information and considering priorities.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and evaluation skills.
• Excellent knowledge in core and other Banking Applications software.
• Strong desktop computing skills including the full suite of Microsoft Office programmes. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications, together with a CV, copies of certificates and a four-page vision statement for the direction of the Bank should be: [email protected]
within two (2) weeks from the date of this publication. Closing Date:
06 April, 2021