Ghana Cooperative Credit Unions Association (CUA) Ltd
Banking / Finance
Job Vacancy For General Manager At Ghana Cooperative Credit Unions Association (CUA) Ltd
The Ghana Co-operative Credit Unions Association (CUA) Ltd. is seeking for a suitably qualified goal oriented and results driven person for appointment to the position of General Manager.
• The General Manager will have the overall responsibility of reviewing Credit Unions operations with a view to establish inadequacies inefficiencies and compliance with policies and procedures.
• The position requires an extensive knowledge and understanding of CUA'S History, philosophy, organisation bye-laws and all operational procedures.
• The General Manager shall ensure that effective technical services are provided to CUA's affiliates with the view of making them viable and sustainable.
• The successful candidate shall play pivotal role in advancing the mission and vision of the organisation.
• The General Manager shall report to the Board of Directors of CUA.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the General Manager shall include but not limited to
• Provide overall Leadership and effective management for the entire organisation
• Foster the identification of development partners and work to promote a healthy relationship with them.
• Submit quarterly reports on operational activities to the Nationa I Board.
• Develop networks and linkages between CUA and similar institutions
• Develop and implement Strategic and tactical business plan aligned with the over- all vision and mission of CUA.
• Ensure the preparation of Annual Operating budget for CUA operations and prudently manage CUA resources to ensure business efficiency, service and cost effective management See to the implementation of departmental and chapter business plans to ensure that targets are achieved
• Identify and pursue new opportunities through r-vivinc distress Credit Unions and ensuring the growth and expansion of existing ones
• Be available for extensive travel within and outside Ghana for Credit Union programmes
Qualification Required & Experience
• MBA, Accounting or Finance
• ICA, ACCA and any other professional qualification shall be an added advantaqe
• At least, eight (8) years relevant post-qualification experience in a related field.
• At least six (6) years working experience in a senior management position
Skills And Competencies required
The successful candidate must have:
• Strong sense of responsibility and high level of integrity
• Leadership skills
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• The ability to analyze business strengths and take appropriate action
• Strategic mind set with excellent execution and negotiation skills
• The ability to manage people
• Advanced managerial, interpersonal and leadership skills with the capacity to motivate, lead and inspire staff and external stakeholders
How To Apply For The Job
Interested qualified persons not more than 40 years should submit their application letters, curriculum vitae and photocopies copies of certificates to:
The General Manager,
P.O. Box 12148,
Closing Date: 13 November, 2015