Job Vacancy For General Manager, Commercial Planning, Pricing & Insights
• Technology business
• Multiregulation and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Public Listed Organization
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized.
• Partnerships at the core of business practices
• Evolving customer interest (digital products & services, digital experiences, datadriven decision making, shift from share of market to share of life, non-traditional competition)
• Increasing traditional and non-traditional competitors complimented by growing price wars.
• Active media engagement & brand reputation
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Offers unique insights based on a deep understanding of political, social, business, market, and finance trends; uses the insights to lead and influence change at strategic, tactical, team and individual levels across the organization.
• Identifies and focuses on future critical areas for the organization and devise strategy to maximize opportunity and minimize risk.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills while considering the big picture and impact on results.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the holistic framework that component parts of a system can be understood in the context of relationships with others within the University rather than in isolation.
• Uses techniques of advanced business and organizational analysis to identify and assess problem definitions and potential solutions and compares them against predetermined criteria.
• Can create & interprets frameworks for reviewing large volumes of unorganized data.
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• Provides clear leadership across the organization about problem solving and strategic decision making and builds effective alliances to ensure timely action is taken.
• Consistently provides innovative solutions to increasingly complex business needs and consult appropriately with colleagues on major business decisions.
• Develop expertise in 2 or more decision modelling techniques to solve complex problems.
• Drives the development of an effective analytics strategy across the organization.
• Provides clear leadership across the organization and demonstrates the power of analytics to drive effective problem solving and strategic decision making.
• Works with Leadership to drive the development of an effective insights’ strategy across the organization.
• Provide commercial planning leadership though market analysis, forecasting and identifying new growth opportunities. This includes sourcing and leveraging insights to analyse market trends, customer behaviour and competitor activities to identify business opportunities and potential risks.
• Lead financial analysis to evaluate the profitability and viability of new product lines, markets and partnerships.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategies to increase revenue and share of wallet.
• Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to monitor key performance indicators and track progress against goals.
• Communicate insights and recommendations to leadership and other stakeholders to inform strategic decision making.
• Lead commercial annual budgets, business plans and quarterly performance reviews.
• Provide technical leadership /advice in the formulation and development of Business Intelligence framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN group policies and procedures.
• Drive an increase in shareholders return by ensuring that marketing processes are aligned to achieving all elements on the business scorecard. This is inclusive but not limited to Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
• Provide strategic direction to team in areas such as methodology, market sizing, price elasticity, customer usage, product management, customer insights, and provide oversight on monthly forecast (subscribers, share, ARPU, revenue, gross
• Provide function related support for external stakeholder and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that the integrity of enterprise financial information by conforming to accurate business rules and determine the financial impact of any new / amendment to products / promotions and / or any other marketing activity/programs that requires a financial feasibility impact study.
• Develop Business Intelligence strategies and initiatives to meet targets in alignment with the corporate strategy and in response to events or changes impacting departmental activities.
• Ensure that there is continuous research on various market related topics of value to the business. That is including advertising, products, pricing, concepts, markets,
competitors etc and offer value-adding insights and analysis.
• Ensure that the Finance function is provided with monthly forecast to indicate the achievability of the projected gross revenue to margin and / or areas of concern in the case of underachieving the FY Business Plan / Forecast
• Innovate and provide support initiatives that will ensure cost savings and reduction to drive EBITDA growth for the organization. (OPEX/COS savings).
Qualification Required & Experience
Education and Competencies
• A Postgraduate qualification in business, economics, statistics, or related field
• Related Professional qualification an advantage.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with experience using data visualization tools e.g., Tableau, Power BI Minimum six years strategic level experience in commercial planning, business analytics or related field.
• Experience with statistical analysis tools e.g., R, Python
• Proven experience leading enterprise business planning, product/services feasibility assessment, information & knowledge management, marketing strategy development and market research experience
• Financial & business acumen including financial management, budgeting, business performance measurement & management and Business process improvement.
• Commercial acumen including marketing concepts, CVM & campaigns, loyalty & retention management, consumer marketing, digital & social marketing.
• Analytical acumen and decision modelling. Big data analysis & management, marketing research & customer insights, and knowledgeable on BI analytics, statistical analytics, and data visualization tools. The ability to work with large and complex data sets.
• Project Management
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
• Stakeholder Management
• Knowledge in Map information Insightful Miner
• Strategy and business planning knowledge
• Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving abilities.
• Negotiation and Influencing Skills – Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy.
• Digital Acumen – Familiarity with digital platforms, tools, and terminology
• Customer Centricity – Internal and external across various touch points.
• Ability to manage self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability.
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, results oriented and develops self consistently.
• Empowers team to deliver on targets through promoting interaction, cohesion, and synergy.
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, excellent negotiation skills, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports.
• Change Maker – Adapting to and influencing change when appropriate or necessary.
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings.
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors
How To Apply For The Job
1. Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number Ref no: MTN-MKTADTRACK0016 as the email subject and ensure that CVs are saved in their names. Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
2. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date: 28 March, 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted