Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
General Manager- Commercial Reporting and Management
• Reports to Operations Director
• Line management responsibility for Human Resources Officer and Procurement & Logistics Officer. Job Description Responsible for all commercial matters including HR, procurement, logistics and administration. Specific tasks and responsibilities to be implemented under the direction of the Operations Director include:
• Overseeing compliance with all procedures and policies set out in T-TEL’s Operations and HR Manuals so that these are active documents which help to ensure that the organisation is managed effectively and efficiently.
• Ensuring that all recruitment, payroll and performance appraisal matters are dealt with in accordance with T-TEL’s HR Manual.
• Responsible for contracting of consultants, suppliers and service providers.
• To ensure that all procurement and contracting is carried out in compliance with T-TEL’s Operations Manuals.
• Complying with all donor-related procurement, operational, HR and reporting requirements in line with our project contract.
• Responsibility for management of T-TEL’s fleet of vehicles.
• Overseeing relationships with stakeholders and suppliers. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in HR management, administration or a similar discipline.
• A minimum of 8 years relevant experience
• Experience in overseeing the operations of a complex organisation including conducting procurement in line with company policies and procedures.
• Experience in Human Resources (HR) management and oversight.
• Experience in transport management.
• Adept in handling relations with relevant authorities, suppliers and stakeholders.
• Understanding of the concepts of due diligence, value for money and ethics and transparency.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• A good communicator with strong relationship building skills.
• Line management experience and ability to develop high performing teams.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver to deadlines and handle multiple priorities. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020