Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
General Manager - Finance Reporting and Management
• Reports to Operations Director
• Line management responsibility for Finance Officer and Finance Assistant Job Description Responsible for all financial matters including forecasting, budgeting and supplier payments. Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
• Help establish and operate a sound financial management, accounting and administrative system based on principles of accuracy, timeliness and transparency.
• Work closely with technical teams to ensure that programme performance monitoring mechanisms provide timely and accurate data.
• Produce monthly expenditure reconciliations of programme spend and, in collaboration with the senior management of the programme, produce and submit monthly financial reports and invoices, as well as maintaining up to date billing control sheets.
• Monitor programme expenditure and communicate to the senior management any potential issues with regards to invoicing, forecasting, disbursement, or accounting any other financial concerns.
• Ensure good quality donor financial reports that adequately meet their reporting requirements.
• Working closely with the procurement team, following procedures to ensure financial probity and value for money in the procurement, use and maintenance of physical assets and the purchase and use of services.
• Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems, developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risks to the programme and the company.
• Compute taxes due and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements to external statutory entities.
• Prepare scope of works and arrange letters of engagement for external audits
• Supervise the transactional processing (accounts payable, cash payments and payroll (where applicable) and ensure there is well defined segregation of duties and appropriate financial controls in place.
• Approve (or assist in the approval of) all programme financial transactions, ensuring each transaction is adequately supported and executed in compliance with donor requirements and is appropriately and securely filed. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Qualified Accountant or Finance Manager with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience with a small company accounts system such as QuickBooks/Sage
• Good working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards/local statutory legislation
• Experience in managing the finances of complex programmes
• Experience in developing and implementing finance processes, policies and templates
• Adept in handling relations with relevant finance authorities, providers and banks
• Understanding of the concepts of due diligence, value for money and ethics and transparency.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• A good communicator with strong relationship building skills.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver to deadlines. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020