Job Summary: The role is responsible for managing the Treasury & Investor Relations functions.
• Investor Relations – Directing and overseeing relations between investors and management including developing and maintaining positive relationships with shareholders, the general financial community and MTN Group.
Treasury – Monitor and manage MTN’s bank relationships and liquidity management, related risks and risk management. Job Role
• Provide leadership and direction for Treasury operations and the Investor Relations function in alignment to the MTN group Policies. Investor Relations
• Lead the preparation of reports, presentations and financial models for internal purposes and for shareholder meetings and events.
• Identify networking and other opportunities for investors for the purpose of creating new initiatives.
• Lead Investor relation communication across multiple channels. Collaborate with Corporate services and Company Secretariat to ensure that all communications regarding Investor Relations are appropriate for external delivery. Maintain an investor relations section on the company website to include information such as stock prices, recent financial reports and press releases.
• In partnership with the company secretary oversee the development of materials for Stock Exchange announcement, conference call scripts, Q&As and presentations for quarterlies, interim and year end.
• Direct crisis management by minimizing threats to the company and its shareholders.
• Ensure compliance with reporting laws that regulate the financial industry.
• Share input from key stakeholders with MTN Leadership within MTN Ghana and MTN Group.
• Investor’s relations and management of array of Equity, debt, and multi-lateral agencies.
• Board Advisory on impact of macro-economic variables and enhancing Economic Value adds. Treasury
• Monitors and manages bank relationships and liquidity management.
• Manages Foreign exchange risk and develops foreign exchange risk mitigation strategies.
• Responsible for fund management. This includes leadership for the preparation of fund allocation, budget forecast & sourcing of funds to ensure proper allocation of funds and to avoid overdraft.
• Leadership for the close coordination with banks for all credit & debit transactions to ensure validity, correct application & posting esp. on incoming remittances, LC opening, TR’s & loan payments. This includes inquiry of various discrepancies on related trade transactions.
• Create efficient structure for Capitalization and working capital management and credit management.
• Input related month end processes and reporting.
• Oversight responsibility for the Balance sheet management and efficient capital structure.
• Diversification and optimization of order cash process enabled by agile payment systems. Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Offers unique insights based on a deep understanding of political, social, business, market, and finance trends; uses the insights to lead and influence change at strategic, tactical, team and individual levels across the organization
• Identifies and focuses on future critical areas for the organization and devise strategy to maximize opportunity and minimize risk Critical Thinking
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills while considering the big picture and impact on results.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the holistic framework that component parts of a system can be understood in the context of relationships with others within the University rather than in isolation. Analytical Thinking
• Uses techniques of advanced business and organizational analysis to identify and assess problem definitions and potential solutions, and compares them against predetermined criteria
• Can create & interprets frameworks for reviewing large volumes of unorganized data Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
• Provides clear leadership across the organization regarding problem solving and strategic decision making and builds effective alliances to ensure timely action is taken
• Consistently provides innovative solutions to increasingly complex business needs and consult appropriately with colleagues on major business decisions.
• Develop expertise in 2 or more decision modelling techniques to solve complex problems Integrated Analytics
• Drives the development of an effective analytics strategy across the organization.
• Provides clear leadership across the organization and demonstrates the power of analytics to drive effective problem solving and strategic decision making.
• Works with Leadership to drive the development of an effective insights’ strategy across the organization Qualification Required & Experience Education
• A bachelor’s degree in finance/economics/accounting and a postgraduate degree in a business discipline/communication/ information technology
• Professional qualification ACCA/ CA/CFA/CPA a must.
• Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)/Accredited Financial Analyst (AFA)/certification as a Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA) an advantage Experience
• 8 years senior management experience and or 5 years Csuite experience in a similar role
• Experience in Investor relations, treasury accounting including FX, liquidity, cash flow and various financial instruments, accounting principles, financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments.
• Experience with a publicly traded company in investor and public relations, financial investment, accounting and legal aspects of the financial sector.
• Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
• Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages. Proficient of Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with debt instruments and investment management and cash forecasting. Experience with equity, hybrid, or debt investments either at a corporation, investment bank, or accounting, law, tax, or investor relations firm preferred.
• Capital markets and financial investment securities experience or similar
• Experience in financial transaction structuring, portfolio management, or stocks and options trade execution
• Experience in raising funds on a project finance basis
• Experience in the use of risk management tools and techniques Professional competencies
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
• Local and international finance knowledge
• Business Consulting
• Business Process Design and Reengineering
• Business Risk Management
• Accounting and Audit Practice
• Financial reporting
• Stakeholder Relations Management
• Effective communication
• Conflict Management
• Data Analysis
• The GSE Listing and Reporting Requirements Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number MTN-F&S-ADTRACK GMTIRO002)
as the email subject and CVs saved in their names. Application without the subject will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] Closing Date:
13 July, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.