The U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana is seeking an individual for the position of a GENERATOR MECHANIC in the Facilities Maintenance Section of the Embassy. POSITION NO:
A51251 & A52732 BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
• Incumbent performs full journeyman level of auto and diesel engine generator mechanic in the Facilities Maintenance section of the U.S. Mission. Provides effective and efficient service meeting ICASS Standards.
• Incumbent works as a mechanic (generator), receiving oral instruction or work order concerning work to be done, and proceeds to accomplish the necessary maintenance by reading specifications, using proper tools and checking all work for completion.
• Examines equipment or makes diagnostic tests to determine the nature and extent of work necessary. S/he disassembles equipment and adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts or components to correct malfunction; periodically inspects, tests cleans and services equipment. May drive a vehicle to the job-site and or supervise a trades helper. Performs other chores in this specialized trade area as requested by the Supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience NOTE:
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
• Completion of a Technical or Vocational training in mechanics (generator) is required.
• One to two years prior working experience in a large garage or similar maintenance environment. Experience must be on both vehicles and diesel engine generators.
• Level II English required. Limited knowledge of the written and spoken language, and a vocabulary limited to a specific occupation. Job holder will be able to understand and carry out verbal instructions of a repetitive nature, and prepare simple forms or reports. Language proficiency will be tested.
• Must know how to use the tools of the trade, and have full journeyman mechanic knowledge of established trade practices and procedures.
• Must be able to read blue prints and interpret manufacturer’s instructions. Must possess a local driver’s License (Class B). Driving proficiency will be tested. Salary: GH¢14,628.00
p.a. (Starting salary) Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174): or
2. A combination of both: i.e. Section 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see section 3A below for more information): plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veteran preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
6. A telephone number, post office box and/or e-mail address where we can contact you to schedule an interview.
3A. If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE. Copied at: ghanacurrentjobs.com Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class / Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
T. References NOTE:
1. All applications must have the Position Number and Position Title identified.
2. All “Hard Copy”/printed applications must be submitted to the Mail Room at the
Chancery. Hard Copy Applications submitted through any other office will not be accepted. You may apply on-line using the email address.:- [email protected]
This is the preferred means of applying for a position with the American Embassy.
3. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE FOR AN OPEN/ADVERTIZED POSITION. APPLICATIONS PREVIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR A JOB WILL NOT BE HELD/CONSIDERED FOR FUTURE JOBS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, YOU MUST RE-APPLY. SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: Human Resources Office Through the Mailroom, Chancery American Embassy, Accra P.O. Box GP194, Accra POINT OF CONTACT:
E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date:
14 July, 2015 NOTE: ALL U.S. AND NON-GHANAIAN CITIZENS, WHO ARE NOT FAMILY MEMBERS OF USG EMPLOYEES OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED TO POST AND UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION AUTHORITY, MUST ATTACH COPIES OF THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. NO RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE PROVIDED TO THE JOB LOCATION: ACCRA, GHANA. IF TRANSPORTATION TO ACCRA IS REQUIRED, IT WILL BE THE EMPLOYEE’S RESPONSIBILITY.