The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service: Geographic Information System (GIS) Officer Job Purpose
• To provide technical support to intensify the use of Geographic Information System Techniques to build and maintain GIS databases. Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and maintain customized GIS databases.
• Create static and dynamic maps for surveys and censuses.
• Manipulate and present geographical information by developing programs to convert GIS information to other formats.
• Recreate geographical spaces using GIS techniques and remote sensing imagery.
• Integrate different geo-spatial data resources.
• Analyze and integrate GIS data with other data sources to assess relationships across a wide range of socio-demographic, behavioral, spatial, environmental, and economic variables. Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in GIS, Geo-informatics, Geography, Remote Sensing, Geodetic Engineering, Geology, or related subject
• Must have completed a one-year national service;
• Minimum of two years’ work experience. Competencies and Skills
• Computer proficiency and programming skills with tools such as python, GIS Software, and SQL
• Analytical skills, meticulous and time management skills
• Writing manuscripts, journal articles and policy briefs. Location:
Nationwide Recruitment How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below: The Director Human Resource Directorate Ghana Statistical Service P. O. Box GP 1098 Accra
Via Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
18 April, 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.