World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. Job Summary
World Vision Ghana (WVG) is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of GIS Officer Purpose of the position:
The officer will be responsible for the effective management of WV Ghana GIS application and other related duties. S/he will assist in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of GIS systems and other mobile technologies, as well as assist the Head Office in tracking project implementation through GIS. S/he will also be responsible for a wide variety of tasks for ongoing geospatial projects in the Head Office. Key Responsibilities include the following:
• Lead the process for the development of a GIS framework.
• Prepare, manipulate, and manage all data and systems for the timely update of GIS Field monitoring system.
• Utilize GIS and mobile monitoring techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location.
• Produce detailed, high-quality cartographic products (digital and hardcopy) and accompanying reports in accordance with technical guidelines and needs.
• Compile, manipulate, and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including public domain, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Computer/Information Science, Statistics, Earth sciences, Geography.
• Knowledge in GIS, Maps & Graphs designs presentations.
• Certifications may include GISP or Certified Mapping Scientist, GIS/LIS.
• At least 2 years experience in GIS and considerable knowledge of computerized information system.
• Experience in the following areas would be a strong advantage: M&E framework, Field monitoring System, Mobile phone M&E system under DoForms, AKVO FLOW, etc.
• Ability to use both quantitative and qualitative data in program design.
• Good problem-solving and analytical skills and conceptual ability.
• Very good in database management.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher & Access, Web design as well as statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, etc)
• Must have working knowledge in ArcGIS
• Must be proactive with a high level of initiative, innovation, drive and a strong team player with interpersonal skills. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
07 August, 2015 As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.