ActionAid Ghana seeks to engage a highly motivated individual who will serve as Global Platform Manager and Training Developer to provide overall strategic leadership towards the achievement of the Global Platform set targets as well as support the Platform by facilitating and conducting innovative trainings and capacity development for ActionAid, ActionAid Partners, NGO representatives, youth groups and individuals to lead social, political and economic change in Ghana.
• The role exists to provide overall strategic leadership towards the achievement of the Global Platform set targets as well as support the Platform by facilitating and conducting innovative trainings and capacity development for ActionAid, ActionAid Partners, NGO representatives, youth groups and individuals to lead social, political and economic changein Ghana.
• Provide leadership in the implementation of the Global Platform concept in Ghana
• Participate in annual plans and budget process
• Effective participation in SMT meetings to formulate/ update strategies
Networking and Partnership Development
• Development of strategic partnerships and networks with (I)NGO and related institutions to promote GP Business modalities, within the agreed Framework
• Ensure the GP is proactive and can facilitate the required capacity development for AAG partners;
• Identify potential partners in the country/sub-region with whom longer term programme partnerships can be developed.
• Maintain relations to partners such as WaterAid and European Commission project
Knowledge Management and Communications
• Develop key communications materials (online and offline) to promote GP amongst identified and potential partners in Ghana and beyond;
• Develop change stories, success stories and lessons learnt
• Provide guidance and support to development of project concept notes, proposals that focus on youth engagement;
• As required, deliver capacity development initiatives, trainings and evaluations based on the six steps;
• Develops and organizes trainings within the Global Platform framework, e.g. Global Campaign, Global Volunteers and Youth and Governance and tailor-made requests from ActionAid and Partners
• Takes charge of the sessions for the various courses at the platform within the areas of e.g. youth and female empowerment, democracy, human rights based approach, and entrepreneurship
• Support to other courses, like preparation of volunteers and interns from abroad.
• Develop training manuals, course scripts and detailed evaluations of each course, contributing to the development of Training for Change’s courses and methodologies
• Facilitates and maintains relationships with relevant partners and places for practice, research and field trips, arranging excursions with partners.
Financial and Resource Management
• Develop annual and quarterly work plans, budgets for the GP;
• Provide financial report
• Ensure full and judicious utilization of funds to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
• Develop and adopt cost effective strategies and systems to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ensure preparedness and coordination of all audits
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational Qualification (state minimum entry educational/ professional qualification required by the position)
• 2nd Degree with at least 5 years working experience.
• Membership of a relevant Professional Institute.
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge /skills required for successful execution of the job).
• Ability to develop strategies and plans
• Knowledge of peer to peer learning, participatory training methods and action research
• Ability to design and deliver training programmes
• Experience in financial management
• High degree of tenacity and interest in youth work in Ghana
• Ability to be innovative and entrepreneurial
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability to establish objectives, specific targets and goals
• Ability to plan and work effectively on several tasks as the same time
• Ability to develop cooperation among team members and resolve conflicts
• Ability to develop strong leadership and management skills
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Good communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
• Peoples management
Accra with travels within and outside Ghana
How to Apply For the Job
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Click Here To Download Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
26 July, 2019