Our client is one of the committed financial services providers in the Ghanaian Banking industry. In order to maintain and consolidate its position, continues growth and delivery of quality services to its customers our clients is seeking outstanding, dynamic and proficient professionals to drive excellence in its, Risk, Corporate, Finance and Operations departments. Title:
Governance, Risk & Control Manager Report to:
Chief Risk Officer Summary of Job Purpose
• The Bank seeks to have an integrated and comprehensive Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) framework that will encompass all relevant policies, procedures and controls to ensure consistency in the roll-out and implementation of GRC objectives. The Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Manager, therefore, will establish the framework for satisfying governance requirements, and evaluate risk across the entire banking operations, information technology, finance and legal/regulatory matters.
• She/he will be responsible for and contribute towards ensuring a risk management perspective in all governance initiatives and projects in the Bank and support a culture of compliance, risk mitigation and corporate accountability throughout the Bank. Key Duties
• Establish the framework for satisfying governance and compliance requirements and evaluate same across the entire business functions within the Bank.
• Support the Chief Risk Officer in identifying, developing, implementing risk management framework including risk governance, controls and reporting,
• Lead, design and drive comprehensive risk management training programs covering all aspects of regulatory compliance issues to sustain risk-culture awareness in the Bank.
• Support the implementation of business process management tools and methodologies to enhance productivity /organizational performance; and minimize compliance breaches.
• Provide advice regarding legislation, guidance and the regulatory risk management framework on all business operations bank-wide.
• Identify and analyze existing controls; implement measures to improve governance and report matters of non-compliance to Executive Management.
• Identify opportunities to build GRC programs into the daily operations in the Bank, and assist develop training manuals and procedures to support the programs.
• Deliver on additional tasks/responsibilities from the CRO or his designate, as and when required. Key Performance Measures
• Governance, Risk And Control Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first Degree or equivalent professional qualification. A Master’s Degree in Finance/Banking/Business Administration/Management will be an advantage.
• Minimum of 8 years working experience in a risk management environment. Legal professional with experience in compliance in a dynamic financial/banking institution is an added advantage. SPECIFIC SKILLS
• In-depth understanding of the application of the Bank of Ghana Basel II prudential guidelines.
• Sound knowledge of the regulatory requirements, policies and guidelines in Bank system infrastructure.
• Detailed understanding of quantitative and qualitative risk assessment methodologies.
• Ability to develop solutions to complex problems to mitigate all risks associated with compliance
• Ability to build consensus, facilitate win-win outcomes and gain commitment to new ideas and a courses of action
• Ability to prioritize work to handle competing demands, track and complete goals accurately and timely.
• Ability to exercise own initiative and deliver to meet deadlines.
• Ability to produce reports with in-depth analysis, interpretations and formulate conclusions and recommendations to drive debate.
• Good understanding of Risk Governance, Credit Administration, Documentation and Collateral Management. CORPORATE/BUSINESS AWARENESS
• The jobholder should be aware of the workings of multiple departments in the Bank to enable him/her plan organise works of various complexity having the understanding of the objectives and processes of several large business units and will be required to formulate and adjust plans in order to assist in the realisation of both departmental and corporate goals
• Awareness of the statutory legislations, banking compliance standards and the Bank’s internal processes
• An excellent knowledge of risk standards, principles and procedures within the Bank’s and the banking industry SOCIAL COMPETENCE
• Jobholder is expected to build sustaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through a combination of effective interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills in order to achieve the goals of the Risk Department.
• The jobholder is expected to be empathetic in providing sensitive and in some cases debatable information to both internal and external stakeholders which is of specialised nature.
• Result-oriented and focused on the performance of duties irrespective of challenges encountered notably in a rapidly evolving risk and organisational culture.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills, particularly demonstrating outstanding ability to motivate teams to achieve business results
• Passion for service excellence in the performance of duties assigned
• Strong ability to work in multi-cultural environment, manage, develop and coach others
• Strong communication and probing skills
• Strong ability to assess and analyse business risks and provide strategic input
• Strong organisational and administrative ability SCOPE OF THINKING
• Ability to thoroughly analyse, evaluate, assess impact and interpret highly complex problems and applying complex facts after a comparison of a range of options.
• Ability to accurately interpret risk findings and decide on suitability mitigation measures
• Ability to diagnose and analyse issues, assess risks to the business and to take initiative towards the resolution of issues identified in a timely manner
• Ability to produce innovative solutions to problems. DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
• Role requires ability to assemble relevant data and subject same to in-depth evaluation and risk analysis in order to meet set objectives.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain sustained concentration to solve complex problems. AUTONOMY OF DECISION
• Decisions made by the job holder will be guided by the Bank’s standards, policies as well as external regulatory standards
• Recognises priorities and weighs up different options to determine potential risk and benefits, prior to making recommendations to the CRO
• The jobholder can make independent decisions within his/her delegated area of authority. AREA OF INFLUENCE
• Responsible for training, career development and coaching of others
• Controls moderate resources assigned to the role IMPACT OF INFLUENCE ON TARGET ACHIEVEMENT
• The jobholder provides information and advisory to other functional areas of the Bank to achieve overall corporate objectives. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should please apply by 29 May 2015 through:
E-mail:- [email protected]
Post - HR Advisory Services KPMG
13 Yiyiwa Drive
P.O. Box P 242
Accra Closing Date:
29 May, 2015