University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR)
Job Vacancy For Grounds and Gardens Officer
The University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) was established by an Act of Parliament, 2011, (Act 830). The University is a public funded national institution which seeks to provide leadership and management of energy and natural resources and be a centre of excellence in these critical areas.
The University approaches its programmes and research by emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration and taking into account areas such as economics, law and policy, management, science, technology and engineering as well as social and political issues that affect energy and natural resources.
The University of Energy and Natural Resources operates a multi-campus system, currently in Sunyani and Dormaa Ahenkro; plans are underway to start the Nsoatre and Kenyase campuses. Successful applicants of any of the following positions in the University should be willing to reside in any of these locations.
Job Title: Grounds and Gardens Officer
The successful candidate shall:
• be responsible for the maintenance and landscaping of outdoor areas;
• coordinate and supervise jobs and services such as care for plants, lawns, shrubs, trees and litter disposal;
• create work schedule and prioritise jobs;
• determine equipment required for jobs and submit cost estimates to the University Management through the Works and Physical Development Director;
• liaise with other departments to perform grounds maintenance duties when necessary;
• be responsible for the training of staff;
• perform routine maintenance of equipment;
• ensure safety of staff;
• perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
An applicant seeking appointment to the position of Grounds and Gardens Officer must:
• have excellent supervisory skills;
• be a team player;
• be innovative;
• be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity;
• have proved organisational and leadership skills;
• possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
• be a team player and have the capacity to manage crises.
Qualification Required & Experience
• An applicant must possess a minimum of a master’s degree in Horticulture or related fields from a reputable tertiary Institution with at least five (5) years of post qualification experience in Horticulture/Grounds Maintenance.
• The Grounds and Gardens Officer shall coordinate landscaping efforts and related outdoor maintenance services, and shall report to the Works and Physical Development Director.
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should reach the Registrar not later than FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020 through the following address:
University of Energy and Natural Resources
P. O. Box 214
Closing Date: 11 December, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants would be called for interviews.