The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), a World Class Centre of Excellence for training in Leadership, Management and Administration located at Greenhill, Achimota Job Description
The Grounds Supervisor shall coordinate landscaping efforts and related outdoor maintenance services. Reporting Relationship:
The successful candidate shall report to the Assistant Registrar (Facilities Maintenance).. Key Responsibilities:
The successful candidate shall:
• Be responsible for the maintenance and landscaping of outdoor areas
• Coordinate and supervise jobs and services such as care for plants, lawns, shrubs, trees and removal of litter.
• Ensure that waste IS correctly disposed of in accordance with current regulations.
• Create work schedules, and prioritize jobs.
• Determine the equipment required for jobs and submit cost estimates to Management through the Assistant Registrar (Facilities Maintenance).
• Liaise with other departments to perform grounds maintenance duties when necessary.
• Be responsible for the training of grounds staff.
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment as required and determine when equipment is in need of repair and inform appropriate authorities.
• Ensure safety of grounds staff by providing the necessary safety equipment.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of HND in horticulture or related area from a reputable tertiary Institution with
• At least five (5) years post qualification experience in horticulture/grounds maintenance. Competencies:
• Must have excellent supervisory skills.
• Must be able to promote team work.
• Must have knowledge of chemical composition, structure,and properties of substances and the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
• Must have knowledge of disposal methods of chemicals.
• Must be able to determine the appropriate equipment suitable for specific tasks.
• Must be able to take bold decisions and initiatives.
• Must be a team player. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants may submit their application, including their most recent curriculum vitae to the following address: The Human Resource Manager Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) P. O. Box AH 50 Achimota, Accra
Email: [email protected]
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above e-mail address. Closing Date:
30 November, 2015