The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit organisation established in 2005 with a mission to improve human health through the strengthening and expansion of applied epidemiology and laboratory capacity in partnership with ministries of health, non-governmental organisations, international agencies, private sector and other public health agencies. AFENET has its Secretariat in Kampala. Uganda with operations in more than 16 countries.
AFENET seeks to fill the position of Head Administration with a competent person to support her operations and prevail over the administration function of the organisation. The position will be based at the Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage people and performance
• In charge of the Organisation's support function and services
• Coordinate the Human Resource function of the Organisation
• In consultation with the country offices, coordinate the budget process, and programme work plan implementation
• Provide advice to management on appropriate property development plans
• Coordinate AFENET biennial conferences and other meetings/ conferences
• Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation, creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication and good client relationship
• Improving results, challenging the 'status quo', solving problems and encouraging creativity
• Good understanding of social security and employees' insurance requirements of Uganda and other African countries
Competitive based on qualification and experience.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration and or Management with proven experience in administration and people management at senior level
• At least 5 years' relevant experience in similar duties
• Membership to Professional organizations and certification is an added advantage
• Excellence in relevant MS. Office computer applications
• Ability to speak French and or Portuguese is an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Submit your resume, application letter, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration and HR Office email:
28 September, 2015
• ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
• Note:More details about this position can be obtained from our website: www.afenet.net