Our client is one of the committed financial services providers in the Ghanaian Banking industry. In order to maintain and consolidate its position, continues growth and delivery of quality services to its customers our clients is seeking outstanding, dynamic and proficient professionals to drive excellence in its, Risk, Corporate, Finance and Operations departments. Title:
Head, Business Banking Report to:
Head of Corporate Banking Summary of Job Purpose:
• This is a management position whose primary objective is to contribute to the overall growth of the Corporate Banking Department of the Bank by providing the needed leadership to the Business Banking Unit to consistently achieve volume, value and related targets.
• As Head of Business Banking Unit, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Business Banking Strategy of the Corporate Banking Department. You will also provide leadership and operational support on a day-to-day basis to direct reports and team members. Your role will include the management of a portfolio of Business Banking clients and development of new relationships through understanding client needs and excellent customer service.
• The role will require building external partnerships and working with internal stakeholders across the Bank for delivery of world-class solutions to customers. Key Duties:
• Develop and lead the execution of Business Banking strategy as part of the overall Corporate Banking Department strategy.
• Lead the Business Banking Unit to consistently deliver agreed targets through the creation of a high-performance environment.
• Ensure the highest standards of sales performance including evaluating customer needs; proposing solutions; initiating new credits; maintaining credit process and procedures; deepening account relationships.
• Build a portfolio of risk assets managed with risk and return parameters acceptable to the Bank.
• Procure/recruit, nurture and sustain new Business Banking relationships that have a potential to grow and provide superior returns.
• Control and manage the risk of the Business Banking portfolio to ensure maintenance of a high quality credit profile through adherence to risk management policies and procedures.
• Maintain risk alertness, recognize and respond promptly to adverse business cycles or early warning signals within the Business Banking segment.
• Ensure satisfactory ratings in internal and external audits.
• Improve the Bank’s presence and access in the local market and enhance credibility with key decision makers in the Business Banking segment.
• Drive efforts to identify and implement service behaviours that deliver world-class service experience to Business Banking Clients.
• Undertake performance management of the Business Banking Team and agree steps to enhance overall team performance.
• Maximise performance of the Business Banking Team by identifying individual development and training needs, and ensure coaching and training take place to build capacity.
• Ensure compliance with laid down procedures and standards as well as regulatory requirements.
• Prepare periodic reports to Head of Corporate Banking or designated officers of the Department as required. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s Degree and relevant professional qualification in multiple disciplines.
• A minimum of 8 years direct experience in corporate banking at a senior level with focus on marketing and relationship management in the Business Banking segment.
• At least 5 year’s people management experience at a senior level including building and managing a team. Specific Skills:
• Excellent knowledge of the corporate market especially the Business Banking segment.
• Exceptional knowledge in customer service, sales and marketing that delivers results as well as knowledge in the use of internal delivery processes and standards to produce quality work outputs.
• Excellent knowledge in banking operations, corporate banking products, and the Bank’s policies, procedures and processes.
• In-depth knowledge in transactional risk management, internal control standards, compliance and external regulations.
• Excellent communication skills, i.e. writing, presenting and listening skills.
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills that ultimately results in driving high sales and revenues.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills especially in a change management setting.
• Strong leadership and decision making skills.
• Ability to handle pressure, manage change effectively and work in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills including motivation and developing others.
• Results oriented with drive to excel, win/execute deals and the initiative necessary to take on new responsibility.
• Proficient computing skills (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) CORPORATE/BUSINESS AWARENESS
• A good knowledge of the workings of multiple departments that enables jobholder to plan and organise a wide range of activities which require regular monitoring and reasonable changes over a period. This is to ensure achievement of both departmental objectives and short to long term corporate goals.
• A sound commercial knowledge of the business environment and understanding of financial and technical issues affecting Corporate Banking clients.
• Awareness of the statutory legislations, banking compliance standards, credit risk management, Bank’s internal processes and their impact on origination and management of corporate clients. SOCIAL COMPETENCE
• Excellent team player with a demonstrable ability of building effective relationships both internally an externally, using different styles of engagement to discuss a wide range of complex subjects and issues in order to sustain business growth
• Proven ability to analyse and solve complex problems, identifying and providing solutions for business risks, always taking initiatives that have high chances of success.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills is essential as the role requires face to face, external and internal specialised discussions and public engagement.
• Role requires ability to engage knowlegeable and well-informed corporate clients in deliberations and negotiations for increased and sustained business.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills, particularly demonstrating outstanding ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve business results.
• Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work in multi-cultural environment, manage, develop, train and coach others in the team.
• Passion for service excellence in the performance of duties assigned.
• Strong organisational and administrative skills. SCOPE OF THINKING
• Ability to diagnose and analyse problems and find solutions in the form of designing processes, systems and or products/services including their risk impact within limited (given) time frame.
• Ability to weigh complex issues quickly and take initiative based on given range of options within limits of authority.
• Apply solutions relevant to the complexity, scope and magnitude of problems impacting on corporate banking activities in unexpected scenarios.
• Resourceful, able to produce imaginative solutions to problems and suggest new ways to doing things. DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
• Role requires in-depth problem analysis relating to complex situations in an unpredictable environment requiring the ability to assemble relevant data and subject same to in-depth evaluation and risk analysis in order to meet client needs.
• Ability to respond to changing work patterns, interruptions and meeting timelines.
• Ability to keep abreast with global trends in corporate banking and client behavioural patterns. AUTONOMY OF DECISION
• Decisions made by the jobholder will be guided by the Bank’s standards and policies as well as external regulatory standards.
• Recognises priorities and weighs up different options to determine potential risks and benefits prior to making recommendations.
• he jobholder can make independent decisions within their delegated areas of authority. AREA OF INFLUENCE
• Responsible for supervising, training, career development and coaching of Relationship Managers and Corporate Services Officers in the Business Banking Team.
• Entirely responsible for safety of records, information and physical assets allocated to the Business Banking Team. IMPACT OF INFLUENCE ON TARGET ACHIEVEMENT
• In-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant information is critical to the achievement of the bank’s targets.
• Providing support and developing the skills of the Business Banking Team is critical to excellent performance Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should please apply by 29 May 2015 through:
E-mail:- [email protected]
Post - HR Advisory Services KPMG
Marlin House13 Yiyiwa DriveA belenkpe
P.O. Box P 242 Accra Closing Date:
29 May, 2015