A catering company located in Accra is looking for a Head Chef. Job Summary
• Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Kitchen area(Food Production, with the prime objective of providing a first class product, timeously and of an excellent standard, in keeping with the established expected standards of the company. Main Duties:
• Assist in the planning, organisation and control of the day-to-day running of the food production area. To maintain operating and service standard levels, in keeping with company expectations, by means of up-dated SOP’s and training programs, throughout the Kitchen. To promote the food product, through presentation standards and improve the overall food image.
• Takes personal interest in staff welfare to ensure the team remains highly motivated and performs at its best under operational conditions.
• Daily inspects Kitchen areas to ensure that tidiness, correct storage, stock levels, and the highest degree of hygiene are maintained. Actions any irregularities immediately.
• Regularly conducts all food stock takes and ensures accuracy.
• Do not run out of menu items for service.
• Assist in the ordering, through the Purchasing Officer, all food items required to produce the required menus at the standard expected and within the budgetary constraints.
• Assists in monitoring goods delivered to ensure correct items are received at the agreed quality and price.
• Assists in maximising food profitability by controlling all spillage, spoilage and wastage. This is to be achieved by the use of correct storage and production of raw materials.
• Monitors portion control and maximizes profitability, but never compromises on the value for money.
• Regularly conducts on-going training program to improve the overall skills of the team and, hence, improve productivity and standards.
• Maintains the highest degree of personal appearance and hygiene at all times, and instils on this pride in the team.
• Is aware of all fire, safety and emergency procedures. Key Skills and Competencies
• Communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Negotiation skills
• Problem solving
• Team work Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send cv to: [email protected] Closing Date:
02 June, 2022