A reputable state-owned financial institution with branch network across the country seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the below mentioned roles: Head, Compliance Responsibilities
• Under the Supervision of the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be required to undertake functions, including but not limited to the following:
• Assist with implementation and monitoring of the Bank’s compliance standards and applicable policies.
• Promote a compliance culture and discipline in the Bank.
• Provide support to the functional areas / departments in identifying compliance risks and emerging issues to their ongoing/proposed business activities
• Ensure compliance with any applicable rules, regulations or obligations arising from applicable Ghana Banking regulations and the Bank’s policies. .
• Communicate changes to pertinent banking and government laws and regulations to the Business Line.
• Perform appropriate monitoring activities to provide assurance on the effectiveness of compliance risk management plans and adherence to the bank compliance standards.
• Escalate breaches and incidents in terms of appropriate escalation processes and appropriate participation in remediating actions to local management
• Implement and manage effective monitoring and training programme that meet minimum compliance standards.
• Provide support to the Departments in developing compliance related trainings and other tools to help employees fulfill their responsibilities.
• Report the level of compliance risk, significant compliance issues, and risk trends to the Executive Committee and Board Sub Committee on Risk.
• Refer issues of potential litigation risk to the Legal Department. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a good first degree from a recognised university. A second degree will be an advantage.
• At least eight (8) years’ working experience in Banking Operations. Audit, Assurance, Risk Management or its equivalent.
• Excellent knowledge/understanding of Accounting principles, procedures and financial reporting standards.
• Very good working knowledge/ experience in banking environment. .
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of Bank of Ghana prudential requirements and banking regulations.
• Up-to-date with developments on compliance / risk issues within the banking landscape.
• Sound understanding of Bank Risk Management principles and philosophy.
• Ability to work with all levels of management and across functional area and departments.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability.
• Computer literacy with strong functionality skills (excel, power point other financial/banking software applications). Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants are required to submit their application and curriculum vitae clearly indicating the interested role to: [email protected] Closing Date:
10 September, 2021