The successful candidate for this role will join our Technology team as the Head of Data Network. (S)He will report to the Network Planning Director and will perform capacity planning, dimensions & optimization, network design and engineering enterprise solutions whiles ensuring redundancy and resilient data network. The successful candidate will actively manage the release management, the evolution of the IT infrastructure and packet core network.
Data Network planning
• Lead the implementation of a 5 years Data Network [Packet switch, MPBN, EDGE routers, Caching services, IPLC, etc.] strategy and expansion plan in line with an approved network strategy and within performance targets
• Capacity Planning and dimension for all Data Network nodes [Packet switch, MPBN, EDGE routers, switches, Caching services, IPLC, etc.] in line with agreed capacity management guidelines.
• Define and implement solutions that align with best practices and future evolution.
• Ensure network resilience for all Data Network Nodes [Packet switch, MPBN, EDGE routers, switches, Caching services, IPLC, etc.] in line with agreed Network Availability KPIs.
• Provide a technical center of excellence for all enterprise solutions
• Provide a technical center of excellence for core and IP transport-related issues
• Support Commercial teams with the development and management of data products using network insights;
• Lead the managed service organization to evolve the Data Network to meet developing trends.
Data Network optimization
• Own and monitor Key Performance Indicators related to the core network.
• Ensure efficient usage of the Data Network and interfaces.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or related field;
• Professional certification in CCNA/CCDP/CCNP & PRINCE2/PMP will be an added advantage;
• A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant working experience in a similar role;
• Strong Knowledge in data network operations, maintenance and support;
• Must demonstrate in-depth understanding and previous experience in IP solutions and mobile data/fixed broadband internet access;
• Strong technical knowledge in Packet Core, Network virtualization, Software Defined Networks, IP networks dimension, IP Routing, switching and Unix/Linux system management;
• Exceptional leadership and people management skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
23 August, 2018
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.