Banking / Finance
Job Vacancy For Head, Financial Control & Corporate Planning
A fast-growing financial institution is seeking for suitably qualified candidate for the following vacant position:- Executive Director - Head, Financial Control & Corporate Planning
The Head of Financial Control & Corporate Planning reports to the Managing Director/CEO and will be responsible for the overall oversight of the Financial control & corporate planning department and financial administration of the monitoring of the Bank's budget and development of financial policies, systems and controls to ensure excellent functioning of the department.
Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and strategic direction for the finance function including supervision and development of a finance team and overall financial strategy
• Have a sound knowledge & understanding of banking operations in Ghana and sub-region
• Demonstrate sound knowledge in financial management and computerized accounting
• Prepare the annual budget of the Bank and monitor its implementation and compliance
• Ability to lead, develop and motivate team of financial professionals, determine their training needs and motivate them for high quality
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and accounting software
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a strong ability to engage both internal and external stakeholders including statutory and other regulatory bodies.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and presentation skills
• Should be honest, professional and maintain confidentiality at all times
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Business Administration (Accounting option, Finance or a related option) with a minimum of ten(10) years relevant post qualification experience. A master's degree in Accounting or Finance will be an advantage
• A member of a recognized professional body (ACCA, ICA CIMA or any related professional body) with at least five (5) years relevant post qualification experience in the financial sector.
• Candidates with less than 10 years experience but not below seven years can apply in all categories but must show extra capability and qualification in leadership
• Candidates are generally expected to have a good first degree at least second class lower division.
How To Apply For The Job
Candidates should clearly state the position interested in on top of the envelope. Suitably qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and cover letters to:-
PMB CT 263
Cantonments - Accra
or send you application by email to:-
Closing Date: 23 November, 2015