A reputable state-owned financial institution with branch network across the country seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the below mentioned roles: Head, Market Risk Job Description
• Under the Supervision of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the successful candidate will be required to undertake functions including but not limited to the following:
• Advise the Bank with the management of the market risk control function in the pursuit of its targets.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of market risk policies, market risk management framework and internal controls, and ensure its compliance by the different business units.
• Identify emerging risks and control issues.
• Lead and manage the implementation of the new Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) framework. internal governance, submission process and oversee the regulatory
• Lead and manage projects related with the Bank’s Value at Risk (VaR) model as well as the Economic Value of Equity (Eve) in assessing the impact of interest rate risk on the bank in the long term.
• Assist in the market risk quantification under ICAAP Assist in the implementation of the Fundamental Review process of the Trading Book (FRTB) regulation.
• Oversee the daily capture, monitor, control and reporting of the Bank’s market risk and ensure these are reported accurately,
• Develop and implement processes for the quality control of market data captured by the risk system.
• Respond to ad hoc requests from the Business, Risk Management or Regulators.
• Prepare and submit periodic reports on market risk issues to management. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a good first degree in Economics, Finance, Management. Mathematics or Banking. A master’s degree in Business, Financial Instruments, Financial Derivatives, Finance or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• At least ten (10) years working experience in market risk management, asset and liability management or risk exposure, five (5) years of which should be in a Managerial Role.
• Good understanding of market risk concepts and metrics (VaR, EVE/NII, Repricing Gap Analysis, Scenario
• Modelling, Risk Sensitivities, Modified Duration, etc). Strong knowledge of capital market activities and main instruments.
• Ability to manipulate, analyse, summarise and present data/results.
• Strong quantitative, analytic and problem-solving skills. Professional Certification in GARP/FRM will be viewed favourably. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants are required to submit their application and curriculum vitae clearly indicating the interested role to: [email protected] Closing Date:
10 September, 2021