Local ICA Specialist Contract level:
LICA Specialist-10 Contract duration:
1 Year with possibility of extension Vacancy code:
VA/2015/B5314/7776 Functional Responsibilities:
The Head of Business Development and Communications (HBDC) reports to the Director, who provides general guidance and supervision. The primary role of Head of Business Development and Communications is to develop and implement a communication strategy in line with the overall strategy of the hub and provide strategic support to building successful relationships with partners and clients in the region. Specifically, the HBDC shall perform, inter alia, the following duties and responsibilities:
• Business development
• Programme development and business acquisition activities
• Support new engagements
• Communications & Media Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Development, Business Administration, International Relations, Communications or related field. A First Level University (Bachelors) degree with an additional 2 years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
• Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in communication, PR, program/project development or similar.
• PRINCE2 Foundation Certification (preferred)
• Prior experience within the development sector and/or the UN is an asset.
• Well conversed in data analysis, management reporting and project management tools and information management systems.
• Fluency in spoken and written English is required Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All candidates are requested to submit their application online, through the below mentioned website and following the instruction included in the relevant Vacancy announcements (see below Ref aside of each post). Click Here To Apply Online
No paper application or any other means of transmission will be accepted. Additional Considerations:
• Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
• The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS. Closing Date:
23 June, 2015