Duties and Responsibilities
1. Horizon scanning and market intelligence for the Ghana Accelerator Lab
• Identify, visualize and communicate emerging development trends, data, technologies and issues with a particular focus on the edges and “below the radar screen” events, opportunities and players, and systemically map their impacts on economy, environment, society, and livelihoods of the poorest.
• Together with the Accelerator lab team, map and assess local solutions and define pathways for their scale up in policies or markets
• Identify new sources of evidence and insights, analyze and visualize patterns in unstructured sources of data, present new insights in accessible and comprehensive ways to enable sensemaking and analysis
• Proactively explore and identify the new methods/approaches and frontier knowledge to tackle development challenges, collaborate with the Experimentation lead to turn these into learning options for addressing specific policy issues in the country
• Contribute to the formulation of the Accelerator Lab service lines to the UNDP Country Programme based on findings from horizon scanning, systems’ mapping, and local knowledge
2. Partnership and resource mobilization
• Map potential partners across the public and private sectors with versatile expertise to strengthen the Lab’s capacities for acceleration thereby expanding the Lab’s distributed network both nationally and internationally
• Explore the diversification of funding and investment sources through proactively mapping potential partners and building value proposition for their investment in the Lab and its portfolio of experiments
• Anticipate the emerging needs, shape the demand from the clients and support the CO to develop a pipeline of emerging projects responding to those
• Coordinate the partnerships and communicate the activities and progresses of relevant projects with partners.
3. Organizational learning and interface with the core business of UNDP
• Support identification of future skills required for the Accelerator Lab, the Country Programme and Lab’s clients
• Design and deliver horizon scanning trainings for partners and UNDP, help embed horizon scanning and attention to the ‘edge’ activities in the CO and with the partners
• Organize and implement knowledge sharing and network events;
• Lead other activities related to the design and operations of the Accelerator Lab
4. Working out loud
• Share findings from the exploration on future trends, new methodologies/approaches, potential partnership, funding opportunities, and others within UNDP and with partners;
• Proactively use blog posts and social media to share insights, attract partners and help position Accelerator Lab at the forefront of the exploration of new trends.
• Innovation - Ability to make new and useful ideas work: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully. Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in professional area of expertise.
• Leadership - Ability to persuade others to follow: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others.
• People Management - Ability to improve performance and satisfaction: Models independent thinking and action.
• Communication - Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis.
• Delivery - Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or service.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Social sciences, Data science, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related field and minimum of 2 years of professional experience in development programming or policy; social innovation; partnership building; engagement (public and private sector) and/or resource mobilization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Data science, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or related field and minimum of 4 years of professional experience in development programming or policy; social innovation; partnership building; engagement (public and private sector) and/or resource mobilization.
• Professional experience in development programming or policy and social innovation;
• Demonstrated capacity in horizon scanning;
Experience in following areas is desirable but not necessary:
• Professional experience in partnership building and engagement (public and private sector) and resource mobilization;
• Proven professional knowledge and experience in at least one of the following: Future thinking and Foresight, research, and Systems Mapping;
• Key awareness of key global and regional trends;
• Demonstrated access to networks of edge innovators.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
28 February, 2019