• The Head of Finance, reports directly to the Country Director with functional remit to the Africa Regional Finance Advisor.
• This position has significant horizontal matrix relationships and requires effective team working with AAG and GS key staff members including finance staff in regions, GS, Regional and Project Managers and other functional heads in the Country as well as with AAG partner staff.
• The role is responsible for the development of financial strategies, plans, systems and policies and monitoring to ensure compliance and leading to build relevant organizational financial capacity to ensure effective delivery of set organizational goals. Key Responsibilities:
• Maintain an accounting system that ensures data integrity and accuracy of reports of information generated from the system
• Ensure timely preparation of management reports for management and the Board and present such reports to management at Senior Management meetings
• Present management reports to the Finance and Audit Committee and to the Board of Trustees and General Assembly as and when required
on a timely basis to support strategic decision making in the organisation
• Prepare on timely basis, all financial tables at midyear and year-end for consolidation by ActionAid International Director of Finance
• Develop and maintain internal control systems that facilitate budget tracking, cash flow monitoring, safeguarding of assets and ensuring that procurement's provide value for money always and in all parts of the organisation
• Develop corporate financial strategies, policies and procedures for the Affiliate Programme in line with the Federation’s policy framework as well as the legal and other regulatory frameworks of Ghana
• Monitor the implementation of and compliance with the Organisation’s financial policies and procedures by staff and management
• Create and present finance and budget reports regularly to CLT and senior management team to facilitate effective decision making
• Respond to requests from GS as and when required
• Provide budget guidelines, templates and economic data to facilitate regional and mission and strategic enablers budgeting
• Provide a framework for annual income allocation and communicate other resource requirements of the Affiliate Programme (AP) to
management and other budget holders to facilitate planning
• Consolidate LRP and thematic plans from templates into a Three-Year Plan (TYP) for the CP and present same to Executive Management for
consideration and for Board approval
• Submit TYP and participate in Global Secretariat (GS) annual budget conference for budget discussion and consolidation
• Ensure that approved budget is translated into cash flow and uploaded into SUN 6.3 for implementation
• Generate Table H (ActionAid UK remittance request forecast) for approval and funds request Treasury Management
• Plan for long term funding requirements of the organisation's activities and interventions.
• Ensure availability and appropriate distribution of financial resources across the organisation in a manner that will ensure efficient and
effective utilisation of resources and prevent financial crises in any part of the organisation through regular monitoring and analysis of the
liquidity situation of the country programme.
• Establish banking relations and arrangements to leverage the organisations liquidity as well as to minimise bank and other related
charges and risk.
• Lead in the appraisal and advise on financial aspects of partnership project proposals for the country programme. Qualification Required & Experience
• ICA, ACCA, CPA and CIMA
• Must have a high degree (at least Masters Level) in Accounting and related field
• Must have at least 10years experience of financial management (at least 5 years at a senior management level) Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Must have advanced knowledge of the use of accounting software (knowledge of SUN Accounting and Vision Executive will be an added
• Must have strong knowledge of internal controls and budget/cash flow monitoring.
• Must have a good knowledge of regional and international accounting standards. Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Experience in financial management of development projects especially for projects funded by development partners DFID, EU and Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
Interested candidate should download application form: Click Here To Download Application Form
Completed application forms should be sent to: [email protected] Closing Date:
06 August, 2021