Our Client is a globally-acknowledged, stellar-rated Hotel based in Accra, Ghana which has acquired and maintained an unparalleled reputation in the hospitality industry over the past 30+ years. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Hotel seeks a finance professional with superior qualifications to serve as its Head of Finance. The selected person will serve as the foremost financial authority in-house and will assume a strategic role with oversight responsibility for the budget, accounts, audit, procurement, tax and other functions. ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing Corporate Financial Strategy.
• Financial Analysis, Planning, and Forecasting.
• Expenditure Monitoring and Budgetary Control.
• Accounting, Audit and Internal Control.
• Financial Reporting.
• Payroll support.
• Procurement Systems and Procedures.
• Health, Safety and Maintenance systems.
• Compliance with Financial, Prudential, Tax and other Regulatory obligations.
• MIS applications in Finance (ACCPAC, Micros and Materials Management).
• Safeguarding Assets.
• Storage and Retrieval systems. ADDITIONAL
*Salary and other terms and conditions will be discussed. Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ professional working experience, with at least six (6) years exposure to the business of a 4 or 5-Star hotel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
• MBA or related post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Professional qualifications and expertise of a Chartered Accountant.
• For this extraordinary career opportunity, the Hotel seeks a highly qualified candidate with superior competencies in Finance, and experience in the business and operations of a 4 or 5-star hotel acquired in Ghana and/or abroad. Therefore, qualified candidates residing overseas, who are already familiar with the Ghanaian terrain and wish to relocate, may apply. Other Competencies
• Proven business and commercial acumen in Accounting, Budgeting, Revenue Management and Capital Expenditure Planning, and other relevant areas.
• ICT qualifications and hands-on knowledge of accounting and business applications.
• Deep knowledge of and working familiarity with relevant statutory laws and legislation.
• Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain a high level of compliance and good corporate governance.
• Strong leadership, analytical, strategic planning, communication, conflict management and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well within a diverse team and blend easily into new environment.
• Ability to communicate and remain at ease with all, including the Board. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to the General Manager.
• Undertakes Board-level Financial Reporting.
• Has oversight of Finance Department.
• Collaborates with Unit Heads and other senior staff in decision-making.
• Supports the work of managers and staff of other functional units to ensure efficiency in in-house systems and procedures.
• Plans and spearheads transactional and other engagements with key external parties relevant to the finance, banking, procurement and related functions. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Submit your application and detailed CV by email or by hand, to the attention of: The Search Director, ShawbellConsulting Limited No 9, Klottey Crescent, Ring Road East, North Labone Accra, GHANA
Or email to: [email protected] Closing Date:
28 May, 2021