ActionAid(AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid International is seeking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:- Head of Finance Role Overview:
The position exists to ensure the financial, management and legal integrity of ActionAid Ghana within the framework of the policies and procedures established internationally and the requirements of local and international law are adhered to and complied with. The position is also to provide strategic financial management direction of the Organisation to help ensure that AAG overall strategic objectives are met and ensure the continual improvement in monitoring, control and reporting of expenditure of partner NGOs of funds given by ActionAid Key Responsibilities:
• Lead in the development of Financial Strategy and Plan for the organisation
• Ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of financial management systems to maintain the financial integrity of AAG.
• Continuously review, evaluate, develop and implement an internal control system to maintain the financial integrity of AAG.
• Interpret and comply with established ActionAid International and AAI corporate policies as laid down in the ActionAid International and AAI Financial Policies and Procedures Management Framework (AFMF).
• Produce, interpret to users and keep updated the Local Financial Policies and Procedures Manual (LFPPM) developed within the overall framework and structure of the ActionAid International Financial Policies and Procedures Management Framework (AFMF).
• Develop and regularly review and update an appropriate Risk Register / Matrix for finance and integrate it into the CP’s overall matrix
• Manage the cash flow position of AAG, including regular monitoring of foreign exchange rate movements with a view to taking necessary action depending on trends.
• Manage and comply with the stipulated and necessary reserves at LRPs and Country levels.
• Provide financial training for AAG Partner institutions and staff Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate must hold at least a master's in Accounting and related field and a member of a recognised professional accounting body (ICA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) with a minimum of 10 years experiences, 5 years of which should be at the managerial level and proven track record in a development sector that translates into the following competencies Technical:
• Ability to develop financial strategy and plan
• Ability to provide guidelines for the preparation and management of budgets
• Advanced knowledge of SUN and Vision Executive Accounting software
• Strong knowledge of internal controls and cash flow systems
• Knowledge of regional and international Accounting standards
• Experience in financial management of development projects especially for projects funded by development partners DFID, EC and UN
• Proven experience in facilitation and training principles Managerial
• Ability to build a strong team and motivate teamwork
• Ability to evaluate alternative solutions to problems
• Ability to plan work effectively and organise both human and material resouces to achieve results
• Ability to delegate responsibilities to team members and provide coaching and support when needed
• Ability to write effective reports
• Ability to make very clear, coherent verbal and written presentations in English at meetings and for reporting and proposal development
• Ability to confront and take action when individuals fail to meet targets or comply with relevant policies and procedures. Personality:
• Must be honest and have a strong moral principle
• Conducts business with high degree of integrity and ethical standards
• Ability to disclose feelings, thoughts and views frankly without hostility
• Ability to take decisive action now to create major growth opportunities in the future
• Ability to pay attention to be concerned with, or analyse detail without getting bogged down
• Highly incisive and rigorous in the interpretation and understanding of data, policies and programmes
• Tactful and effective in dealing with people. Job Circumstances:
This is a three(3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions. The location for the post is Accra with frequent travel within Ghana. Monthly Base Salary Range: GH7,265.00 - GH12,308.00 Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae(CVs) are not acceable. Application Forms Must be downloaded from the link below: Click Here To Download Application Form
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:- [email protected]
or forwarded to:- The Head of HROD/Administration P.O. Box AN 19083, Accra-North
Tel: 0244-316392 / 0289-109560 Closing Date:
18 November, 2015