A leading Oil Marketing Company (OMC) in Ghana is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the position of:- Head of Finance
• Provide overall coordination and supervision of financial activities of the company to ensure the integrity of financial transactions and records.
• Advise the Executives on financial matters, including treasury and investment management, credit control and debt management
• Develop and implement financial and accounting policies and monitor people and work activities to ensure compliance.
• Formulate and implement financial strategies, plans and accounting systems.
• Manage the company's accounts including the preparation of periodic set of financial statements, and liaise with external auditors on all statutory audits
• Prepare periodic valuation reports to the Board, management and statutory bodies.
• Ensure that all financial matters are in accordance with legislation and ethical accounting best practices including accounting procedures and company payroll system.
• Coordinate the preparation of annual budgets for the company, monitor their implementation, and ensure preparation of periodic variances.
• Manage tax and tax related issues
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Bachelor's of Science degree in Administration (Accounting option) from a reputable University plus professional accountancy certification (CA, ACCA, CIMA). An MBA in Accounting and Finance is an added advantage
• Solid understanding of financial and accounting principles, standards, systems and techniques
• Hands-on, proactive, independent-minded individual with good people management skills
• Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and any of the Accounting Packages
• Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to relate well to people across cultures
• Must possess a valid driving license
• Should have extensive knowledge in the downstream petroleum sector with a minimum of ten years working experience in similar role.
How To Apply For The Job
Eligible persons should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three professional referees to:-
15 October, 2015