We are seeking an experienced Head of HR with outstanding people skills to manage our personnel and ensure that our human resources programmes and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned to overall business objectives. Duties for the Head of HR will include supervising HR personnel, dealing with employee grievances and disputes, supporting employee development, enhancing job satisfaction, designing onboarding procedures, implementing HR strategies that support business objectives, mitigating risk and overseeing overall employment needs.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of labour regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking abilities, strong organisational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. The exceptional Head of HR should improve HR processes, implement strategies that support a growing business, improve morale and employee retention, enhance safety and wellness, strengthen relations between staff, manage job satisfaction, attract the best recruits and promote the organisation's values.
• Developing and implementing human resources policies, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance
• Supporting strategic objectives
• Identifying staffing needs and creating job descriptions
• Leading staff recruitment processes and negotiating employment agreements Managing staff wellness and performance reviews
• Providing guidance and support to current HR staff and encourage professional development
• Maintaining staff records
• Handling and ensuring proper administration of payroll and employee benefits.
• Designing and directing training programmes
• Advising management In appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• MA/MBA master's degree (preferably in Human Resources Management)
• At least 5 years' professional experience in a comparable position with management experience
• Strong Leadership skills
• Strong experience in strategic planning and policy formulation
• High level of conceptual, strategic thinking
• Solution-driven mindset
• Planning and organisational skills
• People management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Working knowledge of the Ghana labour laws and regulations
• Relevant HR professional certification e.g. IHRMP
• Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and German are advantageous
Competitive GIZ salary grid (Band S Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter:
under the job code 2019/C0/05/01.
If you do not hear from us 2 weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
14 June, 2019