Corporate Services Department:
Commercial Legal Location:
Head of Legal Level:
MTN Level 3H Reports to:
Executive, Corporate Services Job Summary:
• Responsible for providing expert legal advisory services as well as identify, minimise and mitigate legal risk within the organisation. This role is also responsible for managing the company’s contractual arrangements regarding drafting, legality, structuring, and ensure that business practices, policies and activities are in accordance with the laws of Ghana. Job Role
• Manage legal risk within the business by taking responsibility for providing legal advice across the business.
• Manage the implementation of legal processes that relate to legal drafting, negotiations, and commercial agreements.
• Oversee the creation of templates and checklists and incorporation of related company policies into contracts.
• Draft and advise on company contracts relating to supplier agreements, employment contracts and authentication of contracts departments.
• Manage in conjunction with external solicitors, all on-going litigation, dispute resolution and settlement matters.
• Identify and remedy complex legal issues within the business
• Lead in creating and maintaining a proactive legal dossier.
• Act in a supporting and advisory capacity to Management and employees in identifying and managing potential legal risk.
• Coordinate legal compliance monitoring and direct risk management efforts related to daily operations in areas including management controls, Ghana law compliance obligations, disclosure issues, reporting requirements and general corporate governance matters.
• Support implementation of internal company policies.
• Support with key input in all efforts towards influencing governmental & regulatory policies affecting the company’s businesses.
• Supervise the development of appropriate responses to employment and other claims. Context:
• Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
• Highly legal and regulated environment
• Performance driven environment
• Diverse cultural environment
• Unionized environment
• Active media engagement & brand reputation
• Regionalization structure implication Regionalization structure implication Qualification Required & Experience Education
• A Degree in Law with a Professional Law certificate from the Ghana School of Law
• LLM is preferred Experience
• 10 years working experience with at least 7 years in a managerial position in legal department of a large company. Experience must include exposure and direct leadership in:
- Negotiations and drafting of reasonably complex commercial transactions
- Telco/Business Experience an advantage. Professional/Technical competencies:
• Conflict and litigation Management
• Contract Management
• Information Management
• Legal Advice
• Legal Contract Drafting
• Litigation Management
• Policy Design and Development
• Business Process Design and Reengineering
• Research Orientation
• Service Level Agreement Management
• Stakeholder Relations Management
• Telecommunications Business Savvy
Computer Literacy - Proficient in use of Word, power point, e-mail, internet, photocopiers etc. Behavioral competencies:
• Ability to manage self and others, good verbal and communication skills, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently, Creativity and Innovation
• Interpersonal Skills - Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills - Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills - Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills - Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
• Influencing and Negotiation skills
• Facilitating skills NB:
The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 30th January 2020 to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Closing Date:
31 January, 2020