The role is responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within KAIPTC, plus providing timely and relevant performance information to KAIPTC stakeholders. Main Duties
• Coordinate the development and update of the centre-wide M&E framework and workplan to track achievement of outcomes
• Support the inclusion of department programmes into a center-wide strategy and agenda for prioritised research and training curriculum development
• Ensure that the policy and procedure guidelines regarding M&E are developed and updated where necessary.
• Develop and apply cost-effective data collection and management systems
• Build capacity of KAIPTC M&C focal persons in M&E skills through mentoring and coaching
• Manage and coordinate contractual obligations for all external evaluations
• Prepare M&E reports and coordinate the dissemination of these reports to stakeholders
• Participate in national and international forums and committees where M&E issues are discussed
• Coordination of a Centre wide approach to track results from the field/externally (Field monitoring visits)
• Supervise M&E staff
• Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor within scope and content of the job Qualification Required & Experience
the ideal candidate must possess
• A master's degree Masters in field of social science, development, administration or other related fields as well as applied training in qantitative analysis/statistics is required.
• Professional certification in project management and membership of a professional body is desirable.
• At least 8 - 12 years working experience, at least 4 of these in a senior position in M&E or related field, preferably related to capacity building in issues of peace and security.
• Considerable working experience an international organisation or internationally recognised organization is required. Key Competencies
• a practical, logical and systematic approach to work
• Creative probem-solving and analytical skills
• Versatile in M and E processes and systems
• Project management skills
• Quantitative and qualitative research skills
• Strong leadership and teamwork skills
• Confident, honest and trustworthy
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Ability to work without or with little supervision
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to think on his feet
• Fluency in French will be a sure advantage Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references to:- [email protected]
Please indicate the job title clearly in the cover letter, otherwise your application may not be considered. Closing Date:
19 June, 2015