Our client is an integrated mining, energy and infrastructure business operating in Sub-Saharan Africa that takes a sustainable approach to the development and ownership of its assets to generate shared value for all stakeholders over the long-term. The Role
• Our client is looking for a Head of Operational Procurement/Supply Specialist to gain control of and deliver on the company’s commitments to its creditors by improving the value of existing contracts and supplier performance; gain control of inventory as well as introducing a strategic mind-set and commercial thinking; institute an end-to-end contract management process that integrates sourcing, procurement, supply chain and materials management to introduce strategic thinking across the value chain; implement inventory control and rationalisation measures; align supply chain and maintenance processes; set stores standards with engineering, target inventory for liquidation or reduction, and implement key performance indicators for availability and obsolescence. Key Responsibilities
• Embed procurement-to-pay best practice among those with responsibility for operations, budgets and the acquisition of goods and services, ensuring the reduction of risk to the company.
• Review and implement procurement strategy in partnership with the Group Commercial Manager, whilst aligning the plans and activities to the Operations and Group’s corporate aims and objectives.
• Lead on contract risk management assessment with contract owners and support mitigation of risks and ensure contract owners take ownership of both the risks and mitigants.
• Develop robust contractor selection processes including sole-sourcing, assessment of tender responses, and using analytics and data to support recommendations.
• Redesign, rationalise and integrate in house procurement, agency procurement and logistics to reduce costs and improve availability.
• Institute a contract management process to drive improved supplier performance and relationships. Qualification Required & Experience Education, Experience & Essential Skills
• A minimum of a Bachelor’ss degree in related field.
• Senior operational management experience in the transformation of commercial and services for small to medium-sized heavy industry operation in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Knowledge on how to interpret operational and capital expenditure, developing forecasts, and able to critically evaluate organizational and financial performance and deliver to plan.
• Hands-on commercial and services experience leading a development or transformation programme.
• Strong understanding of financial analysis / cost control.
• Demonstrable strategic and hands on procurement experience.
• Strong experience leading multi-site, multi-cultural teams, and owner-operator environments.
• Genuine understanding of corporate social responsibility and sustainability, and the criticality of managing external stakeholder relations.
• Strong focus on environment, workplace health, safety, and security. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
24 March, 2022