A reputable private Christian Basic School in Accra invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the undermentioned:
Head of school
Reporting to Board of Governors
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities, among others:
• Manage the day-to -day administration of the school including academic, financial, social and other affairs
• Responsible for fostering and maintaining a high spiritual tone, ideal for service in the school
• Uphold the church's educational policies and integrate them with government guidelines into each class curriculum
• Promote a high level of discipline, moral uprightness and excellent academic performance
• Shall be responsible for creating a school climate in which all stakeholders work in harmony to attain the school's vision.
• Ensure effective management of staff, students and other resources to achieve the goals and objectives of the school
• Provide guidance to the school's network of old students and challenge them to make the school a better place
• Respond immediately to concerns from parents and school board.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a committed Christian (verified by his/her minister)
• Must have a minimum of a first degree in education/ a first degree plus a diploma in education.
• A Master's Degree will be an added advantage
• Five years experience in a similar role or in a school leadership role
• Excellent organizational, Managerial, Planning, problem solving and leadership skills
• Excellent knowledge of the education system, especially the GES curricular for KG to JHS. A good knowledge of international curricular will be an advantage
• Proficiency in the use of relevant computer skills
• Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
• Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and maintain a positive professional attitude
• Team player and results oriented
• High moral and proven integrity
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a school with a staff of 86 and a student population of about a thousand. He /She shall hold office for an initial term of five years in the first instance and may be reappointed for a further 5-year term subject to satisfactory performance.
The applicant must not be more than fifty-five (55) years
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested candidates should send a PDF version of their CV with names and references who are familiar with the qualification/experience in addition, submit a letter of not more than one page stating why you are the best candidate for the position to:
30 May, 2019