Main Purpose of Job
• The Head of Security for Labadi Hotel is responsible for monitoring the security operations of the hotel implement security policies, regulations, rules, and norms and ensure that the environment is safe for employers, guests and stakeholders.
• Ensures that high level of discipline is maintained in the hotel.
• Ensures that security equipment is operational at all times.
• Keeps security measures under constant review to ensure they are adequate to meet current threats to business.
• Undertakes security surveys, security risk assessments, drafting policies and procedures and compiling security reports.
• Acts as focal point for any investigations involving security, report and note follow up actions.
• Reports any significant security breaches to the General Manager and undertakes full investigation, recommends course of action in consultation with the General Manager. Represents the hotel in court when the need arises.
• Conducts audit of the hotel's facilities with authorities of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly and the Environmental Protection Agency.
• Developing and implementing security policies, protocols, and procedures
• Controlling budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
• Recruiting, training and supervising security officers/guards.
• Review reports of incidents and breaches.
• Investigate and resolve issues.
• Arranges emergency entry visa for the hotel's officials and meet high-level officials at the airport on their visits to the hotel.
• Renew residence permit for expatriate staff and family. Forge strong relations with the diplomatic core and government institutions.
• Partners Human Resources to ensure consistent sanctions for hotel/security relations.
• Ensures staff performance reviews are undertaken in line with Company procedures and agreed actions implemented.
• Resolve disputes and grievances.
• Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events.
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable and state security laws, licensing and certification requirements and accreditation standards
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Administration/Psychology as well as several years of professional experience in Security, preferably in a five (5) Star Hotel.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills between diplomatic officials, employees, government and the public. Ability to identify security threats and institute appropriate security programmes.
• Ability to forge strong and secure connections between departments and the hotel's guests and stakeholders. Background of law enforcement, cyber security and computer literate.
• Experienced in using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV).
• Experienced in reporting and emergency response planning.
• Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures. Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills.
• Strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety.
• Ability to exhibit strong leadership skills.
• A high level of integrity and trust.
• Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork and problem-solving to achieve goals.
40 years and above.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should send updated CVs, certificates and contact phone numbers to:
10 September, 2019