Our client is an integrated mining, energy and infrastructure business operating in Sub-Saharan Africa that takes a sustainable approach to the development and ownership of its assets to generate shared value for all stakeholders over the long-term. The Role
Our client is looking for a a Head of Strategic Surface Operations to establish and optimise the design, methodology and management for the development and production of multiple simultaneous open pits and integrate operations into the existing structure due to an increased reliance on oxide ore tonnes from a lower-grade open-pit operations, which have brought to the fore the need to critically manage the various parallel work-streams. Key Responsibilities
• Design compliant and streamlined tollgate process to monitor the exploration drilling program and quickly convert targets to operations.
• Establish optimal processes and procedures to control the end-to-end management of multiple production pits, including but not limited to:
• analytical requirements for the open-pit target identification and conversion program.
• grade control channel sampling.
• supervision of haul and load team leaders and crews.
• upgrade procedures to facilitate quality control.
• Conduct risk assessment on all aspects of the establishment.
• Ensure that all activities relating to open pit exploration and mining, are risk assessed and conducted safely.
• Optimise an integrated shared technical services mentality to rapidly increase production.
• Ensure the entire open pit workplace has full risk assessments and that mitigations are actioned.
• Establish the processes to ensure both employee and contract personnel have the necessary capabilities and knowledge to work safely.
• Introduce mine designs and layouts that meet best-practice safety standards.
• Implement a local co-ordinate system to very accurately correlate with historical grids and new system.
• Standardise equipment practices and haul road management to minimise equipment abuse and damage. Qualification Required & Experience Education, Experience & Essential Skills
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Strong experience in all aspects of surface mining operations at the technical hands- on level including geology, open pit strategic mine planning, and technical and financial project evaluation.
• Strong proven experience optimising and growing open pit operations to large-scale mining operations.
• Strong focus on environment, workplace health, safety, and security.
• Knowledge on how to interpret production and costs, develop forecasts, and able to critically evaluate performance and deliver to plan.
• Recognised internationally as a technically competent mining professional with exposure to multiple surface mining techniques.
• Deep understanding of hazards and risks associated with surface mining gained through experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Strong experience leading multi-site operations with multi-cultural teams in owner-operator environments.
• Genuine understanding of corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
• Able to engage with authority and effectiveness in contract relations. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
24 March, 2022